Euphoria

Pain change people
Some become rude
Some become silent
( 2 years later)
Xavier's POV.( 10 years old Xavier)
I still have nightmares. It became increasingly frightening.
I can't stop myself. The way she yelled my name. Lex. I've been missing you terribly, my baby sister. I can't seem to forget about you. I'll let you play games with me. I'm not going to throw your toys away.
Just come back, Lex.
Please.
When I look Rose in the eyes, I notice Lex. I've ignored Rose for the past two years. I recall the first time she came into my room and asked me to play with her. I screamed at her. She cried. I let her cry. I didn't even console her. She just cried while staring at me.
Sorry, Rose.

I was sitting on my bed.
********
The time is 5:30 a.m. My nightmare had merely jolted me awake. I'm unable to sleep again.
I went downstairs to get some milk. It might help me sleep better.
Rose was sitting alone on the couch, playing with her toys, when I noticed her.
I want to go talk to her, but my mind tells me not to.

I opened the fridge and poured myself some milk.
Rose's big brown eyes were fixed on me.

"Do you want some?" I inquired.

"No," she said, turning her gaze away from me.

"Why are you awake at this hour?" Saturday has arrived. "You don't have school," I pointed out.

"I know," she admitted, her lower lip biting.

"So, why are you awake?" I questioned once more as I replaced the milk in the refrigerator.

"I was scared in my room," she admitted.

"Does that explain why you're sitting here?" Why don't you go to your parents' room?" I questioned.

"It's locked," she explained.

She no longer looks at me while speaking. Do I really frighten her?

"Oh no, not again," I muttered.

God only knows what they were up to. I recall bragging about them once. It was the most awkward experience I'd ever had.

"So, where are you going to sleep?" I inquired.

"On the couch," she said quietly.

Why not in my room, Rose? Did I really scare you? Did I make you hate me so much that you no longer want to visit my room? Even if you're scared.

"Would you mind coming to my room, Rose?" "You're going to yell at me, x-xashver," she says, looking down at her doll.

I felt a jolt in my chest. She is terrified of even saying my name. I remember telling her not to call or say my name again. I was impolite to her. She was overjoyed at the prospect of having a big brother. Rose, Rose, Rose.
I was lost in my thoughts when I heard a small footstep going up the stairs. Is she in her room? But, before I finish my thought. Rose was on her way to get her fluffy pink blanket and pillow. I just watch her every move.
She placed the blanket next to the couch and her pillow on the floor.

She hid behind the blankets, hugging her doll. She did not shut her eyes. She was just looking out the large window. I'm sorry. Sleeping on the floor will be uncomfortable. So I gave it a shot.

"Rose," I said.

"Yes" she said quietly.

"Come sleep with me tonight." Rose's eyes widened in my room, but she quickly shifted to a pout.

I scowled. It was the first time I had treated her nicely. Why is she not appreciating it? That's it; she's not going to sleep with me.

"Never mind," I quickly replied.