It's a start

◇Bill P.O.V◇

Of course Valerie would have the worst timing in the entire world right now. Even though she just helped me save the woman I love from my older brother who I despise, she needed to give me just a minute.

"Actually yes. Valerie if you could simply give us five mintues and then we will regroup." I said smiling so she would be more inclined to do as I asked. She quickly nodded her head and closed the door.

"As I was saying. I love you. Which isn't an emotion I'm use to feeling. But with you its light, fuzzy, warm and fun. Of course I'm nothing like my brother so I won't even dare as you about marriage for a while. But how about a date?" I finished my word vomit as I stared into her eyes. Her eyes had widened at every statement giving me the perfect ability to see them... what a beautiful color. Her checks were now dusted with pink as she smiled at me.

"It's a start. I love you to Bill. So yes, I'll go on a date with you." She launched into my arms squeezing me almost as if she didn't believe I was truly there. I hugged her back as I smiled. This feels right. After moments went by there was a polite knocking on the door.

"You may come in now Valerie." I said looking over to the door. Mabel released me but sat next to me holding my hand. Valerie timidly opened the door and looked at both of us then to our linked hands as a smile grew on her face.

"AWE! So cute! I'm like so glad this worked out. By the way Bill, Will was pissed but like not in the ways I thought. I really think there needs to be a sit down between you to with like Mabel and I as meditators." She said coming into the room. She looked around the room as she talked taking in the decor and I think trying to down play the situation she is asking me to put Shooting star in.

"Excuse me. But you want Will to be in the same room as Mabel again?! No way. Not happening. Why should I even try to talk to him again?!" I asked my voice growing in volume and rage. I felt a small squeeze on my hand reminding me to breathe and I'll be okay.

"Fine Mabel doesn't have to be there. But when I tried to distract your brother he said, "of course this would happen he always gets what he wants." You can't tell me that that doesn't hint to something bigger going on!" Valerie had always played mediator to our fights but this was a whole different level of wrong. But... if I think about the situation logically.. if he doesn't get whatever this is out of his system there is a possibility he will try to take Mabel again...

"Honestly it sounds like he is being an immature brat to me. But fine. We will meet at my house. With you as mediator and Shooting star will stay here so he can't try to retaliate." I said stating the plan I have in mind. Valerie looks pleased as she releases a breath and heads out the door to go set it up.

"Is that okay with you?" I turn to ask Shooting Star. I bet she is sick and tired of being trapped places. But I can't risk her safety.

"I understand why. Plus time works differently in this dimension, right? So I think home can wait for a little." She said beaming. Looking around the space looked barren which made sense because this place was made so quickly. Waving my hand I concurred out a sewing machine, fabrics, scrap book materials, knitting needles, yarn and some magazines.

"Hopefully this should be enough to get you through the outrageous talk I have to have with my brother. Is anything missing that you would like?" Her eyes has widened with wonder as she hopped off of the bed and over to look at all of the supplies.

"No this is perfect! Also remind me to not complain to you about Dipper ignoring me. Man I'll take that over Mr. Brainwash any day." She giggled and I couldn't help but also laugh. Getting through trauma with humor... that's a start... but I need to work on making her feel safe again. That starts with having this stupid talk.