Part-21

"FINTAN?!" Grady yelled as he let go of her. "What is that...that monster! Doing here?"
"Grady calm down." Ella said as she slowly sat up. "Maybe he's sick, people in prison still need medical care."
"Whatever." Grady mumbled angrily.
For a moment he looked ready to kill someone. His eye brows furrowed and his mouth was open with his teeth gritting.
"Soph are you ok? Lihn asked with a worried face.
"I will be I just wanna get out of here." Sophie answered with more tears running down her face.

"Turn left here." Sophie told Tam as they drove down Mammoth Road.
They had decided to go get ice cream from the place Keefe showed her. Since it was one of Sophie's new favorite places.
For the ice cream of course!! Not any other reason...

Tam pulled in the drive way and while the twins were getting all of their stuff Sophie checked her voice mail.

"Hey Foster, it's Keefe my parents actually wont be back for two days, you want to hang out tomorrow? I'm like mega bored and nothing makes me happier than seeing you. (He said that in a really teasing tone) Well call me byyyyyyye!!"

Sophie just rolled her eyes.
She was still a mess. Her face was red and you could very visibly see she had been crying two seconds ago.

She walked in and saw Dex and Jensi at the table they sat at the day of the crash. Dex raised his eyebrows but he stayed in his seat, after all they didn't know each other that well.

Gosh how often did people come to this place? It had a real 50's kind of vibe. Which made it really comforting.

Tam went to go get their ice cream. Sophie wanted chocolate of course. Lihn got caramel ice cream with caramel drizzle and Tam ordered blueberry with blueberries.

They sat and ate their ice cream for a while.
When  Lihn checked the time it was 4:45.
"Sugar snaps! Tam we have to be at the house in 5 minutes!!"

"What?!" Tam checked the time "Oh, man...I really hate to ask this Sophie but can you have Grady come get you? We don't wanna get of on our uncle and aunt's bad foot."

"Of course, now hurry!"
They plopped down some money and ran outside.

Sophie sighed, she didn't really want to be alone but she decided to wait to call Grady.

Keefe POV
Ice cream sounded good to Keefe. Specifically strawberry. Honestly he didn't know Sophie likes chocolate more. Although seeing her so invested in defending it was quite amusing.

This time he would get chocolate, see why Sophie likes it so much. And those tasty golden sprinkles.
Keefe's wyes widened when he realized what that sounded like.
Sophie's eyes!
Keefe had had crushes before, sure. But the way Sophie made him feel was totally different.
She had been through something horrible. Her family had died. And according to Ms.Alina something when she was twelve too. And not to forget her jerk of an ex.
Keefe swore off he ever met him he'd make him wish he had never been born.

Keefe pulled in and looked over to see Lihn and that boy with silver bangs getting into a car.
When Lihn saw him she said "Make sure she gets home alright."
Keefe raised an eyebrow but they were already gone.
Wait...did she mean Sophie what was wrong with her. And if something was wrong with her did it have something to do with why they err in such a big rush to leave?

Hey 👋!! So I have a question. As you can see I'm giving all the characters their own ice cream and toppings. Please comment and tell me what you think the other's should be. Love you guys!! Oh and plz go checkout my tik tock. It's kotlc101. It's just drawings.
Byyyyeee!!!