11. Secrets

Author's note:

Finally back with a new chapter. I apologize for the long break I took~ (•ө•)

There are probably some (many) grammar mistakes but I'll fix it later. I worked my ass off to write this chapter, so please enjoy~

- Lena ^▽^

--------------------------------------------------------

Xiao Zhan was brutally woken by his alarm clock. still half asleep, he reached for the snooze button to turn off the terrible alarm that made his ears bleed.

''be quiet..'' he mumbled sleepy into his pillow, before turning himself around.

His eyes opened slowly and were unpleasantly surprised by the burning sun shining through his curtains.

Wait.

He threw his covers off and jumped out of his bed - stumbling  to his closet to grab one of his suits, before reaching for his phone on the nightstand to check for any messages.

That's when he realized. ''Zhan, you fool. You don't have a job anymore to go to..'' he said to himself with a faint, bitter smile.

Looking at the screen of his phone with a frown this time, he noticed that he hadn't received a message from Yibo at all.

''why didn't he text me yet? didn't he tell me he liked me yesterday? does it actually mean we're dating now or not?'' he threw his phone down on his bed and dropped himself on it, while rolling around on his messy sheets like a child.

''ugh! Why is this so frustrating?~'' 

He suddenly stopped moving and sat straight up again. ''should I text him?''

Zhan reached out for his phone again and took a moment to think. 

''should I say 'good morning'? is that too straight forward? Maybe just 'hey' will do''

Xiao Zhan began typing and waited a couple of minutes, hoping that Yibo would read it and text him back, but it all went unseen. Het put his phone aside again and grabbed one of his pillows, burying his face it it to yell; ''Wang Yibo, you bastard!''

''why did I have to fall for him? it's not fair...''

--------------------------------------------------------

Yibo was peacefully sleeping on Hao Xuan's couch, when he was suddenly rudely woken by his friend – who decided to wake him by smacking a pillow on his head.

''wake up, sleeping beauty''

Yibo drowsy rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and slowly repositioned himself. His body was aching all over the place and his head felt as if he had a massive hangover. He was actually craving for a hot bath right now. 

Hao placed a glass of water on the table. ''how are you feeling?''

''like I was ran over by a truck, twice'' Yibo answered with a raspy voice. Everything that had happened the day before slowly came back to him again.

''well, rest some more. You can stay over as long as you need'' Hao reassured him.

''thanks'' ... ''Oh and I forgot to tell you, but I bumped into your friend Ji Yang yesterday at the store''

''oh.. I see.''

''what's with that response? I don't know what's going on between you two but Ji Yang seems to be a nice guy and pretty looking, why are you ignoring him?''