13. Betrayal

''Sir, someone's here to see you''

''Let him in''

Feng was watching the city view from the rooftop bar-lounge that he owned. Not only had it an amazing view but it also gave him the feeling of power. Looking down on all those people on the streets, who were heading home, coming back from their boring 9 to 5 jobs. They were nothing but ordinary peasants to him. 

He took a cigarette out of his inside pocket and lit it up with the lighter he fished out of the pocket of his neat-looking pants.

Not much later, the person he had been waiting for was finally standing in front of him.

''There you are, Mr. Wang. just on time. how's your face doing?''

Yibo Ignored the words and the taunting smile from the man and looked around to the room, searching for the person he came for. The only people besides them in the room were two of Peng's guys. ''where is he?''

''who?'' said Peng, faking a surprised look. ''ah~ of course. Your boyfriend''

''....'' 

 ''Zhan is in another room'' he stated, inhaling the smoke, while he sat down on one of the red sofas. His taunting gaze never left the hate-filled eyes of Yibo. Peng sure lived up to the name of a rich criminal. Not only did he have millions in his possession , his own freaking bar-lounge on the top of a building, but he also dresses like one, sits like one and acts like one.

''what did you do to him?'' Yibo's voice lowered and sounded more threatening. 

Peng simply shrugged his shoulder. he seemed to be enjoying the furious look on the face of the younger male.

''I asked you a question! Did you hurt him?''

Yibo took a step forward and immediately got a kick in the back by one of the guards, which caused him to fall to the ground. He groaned in pain before he slowly got up on his knees, throwing a dead glare at the blond spiky haired asshole behind him.

''my dear boy, I can assure you that your boyfriend is safe, well. at least for now. of course it all depends on your actions''

Yibo tried to get up again, but was immediately pushed back to the ground. At this moment he was basically kneeling in front of Hé Peng.

''let him go. He has nothing to do with this''

A short, deep laugh escaped Peng's lips. He leaned forward, with his elbows resting on his thighs - just a few inches away from the other. Yibo could smell the strong, sweet and expensive scent of the older man's cologne. It was so strong that It made him sick.

''oh, but he does'' Peng chuckled and reached out his hand, placing his fingers under the boy's chin to lift it up, forcing Yibo to look at him.

''hm. Behind that hate-filled, angry gaze, I can see the fear in your eyes. Why? are you afraid? Does the thought of losing that boy scare you? are you afraid to lose that boy? It must be tough on you, having to fear to lose people''

Yibo's jaw was clenching so tightly, that it was trembling. He aggressively smacked Peng's hand away. ''screw you''

A laugh bubbled in the back of the older man's throat.

''you can deny it but you can't hide it, boy'' Peng said, blowing the smoke in Yibo's face, making him cough - before leaning back into the sofa.

''you're weak'' he went on. ''weak for family, weak for friendship and weak for love. It's sad that you're wasting so much potential of becoming a true leader''