VII

HAN ARRIVES back with the Falcon, and has he and Chewie were about to start on work, they had been called, including Freya to speak with one of the officers about their reward

HAN ARRIVES back with the Falcon, and has he and Chewie were about to start on work, they had been called, including Freya to speak with one of the officers about their reward. As Han, Chewbacca, and Freya were escorted by an rebel troop, Han noticed the frown on Freya's face.

"What's wrong?" Han asks, "Trouble between you and the kid?"

Freya crosses her arms on her chest, "It's nothing," She says, "I just can't wait to get the hell out of here."

Han glanced at Chewie and then to her, "That's not a you response. That's a me response." He says.

Freya glanced at him, "Han, just leave it alone." She says, "I'm just tired of all of this."

Han lowers his macho act, he placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her a little close as they walked. Chewie growled behind her. Freya looks at the Wookiee with a small smile and then glanced to the captain.

"Alright, Frey, consider its left alone." Han says.

{A NEW HOPE}

DODONNA STANDS before a large electronic wall display. Leia and several other senators are to one side oft he giant readout. The low-ceiling room is filled to the max with starpilots, navigators, and a sprinkling of R2-type droids.

Everyone is listening intently to what Dodonna is saying, and as this happens in came Han, Freya, and Chewbacca. The three were lingering near the back.

"The battle station is heavily shielded and carries a firepower greater than half the star fleet. It's defense are designed around a direct large-scale assault. A small one-man fighter should be able to penetrate the outer defense." Dodonna says.

Gold Leader, a rough looking man in his early thirties, stands up. He sat with his fellow pilots, but he stands in order to address Dodonna.

"Pardon me for asking, sir, but what good are snub fighters going to be against that?" Gold Leader asks.

Dodonna looks at the pilot, "Well, the Empire doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station." He says.

After Dodonna says that, Gold Leader takes a seat. R2-D2 stands next to a similar droid, makes a beep sound, and turns his head from the right to the left.

"The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point." Dodonna points out through the readout.

The pilots looks at the readout hologram of the trench that Dodonna was indicating.

"The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station." Dodonna says.