XI

A MONTH had past since the downfall of the Death Star

A MONTH had past since the downfall of the Death Star. And despite the numbers of recruits being so little, the Rebels left stronger with their victory.

They were coming off a high. Off the thrill of a win.

They haven't had many victories.

Freya could tell that.

She had gotten off the Falcon with Han and Chebacca and two other Rebels, Kes Dameron and Julian Xan.

They had just returned from a recon mission. They were sent to gather information on the Empire. Any words, any insights.

The mission, did cause some bumps and bruises.

Kes came walking out with an injured shoulder, from a blaster from a trooper. Freya managed to bandage him up decently until they arrived back at the base.

As the five of them stepped further into the hangar, Freya's eyes meet the young woman dubbed as Shara Bey, run over to her husband. His pilot wife comes running over, her worried eyes turn into annoyance.

"How many times are you going to get yourself injured, Dameron?" Shara lectures, "You're always coming back in bandages."

Kes laughs, "I just want my wife to take care of me."

Freya continues to pass the small conversations between the married couple, the couple was heading to medical, whereas she, Han, and Chewbacca were heading to the command center. Julian on the other hand went to also report to medical as he did suffer small injury.

Han glanced at Freya as they walked down a hallway that led to the command center. He saw something in his eyes, he halts, causing them all to stop.

"What is it, Frey?" Han asks keeping his eyes on her.

Freya looks at Han, "That mission-," Her eyes look so sad, "That bounty hunter,"

Han grimaced.

A bounty hunter had spotted them while Chewbacca, Julian, and Kes were split from Han and Freya. Said bounty hunter pointed a blaster to Han. To the back of Han's neck.

If it hadn't been for Freya.

"I'm okay," Han tries to assure her.

Freya frowns.

Han steps in front of the young woman.

Sometimes Han forgets how young she is. How much younger she is in comparison. Freya acts way beyond the age of the late teen, almost twenty year old. He guessed she had to given her troubled past.

Han places his hands on her shoulders as a form of comfort.

"Hey, Frey," Han says in a gentle tone, "I'm okay, because of you."

Freya looks at him, "I don't miss my shots."

Han grins, "That you don't."

They weren't wrong. When Freya sense, felt, whatever, that there was trouble. Freya turned around a second after the blaster barrel was pressed against Han. Freya was standing a little away from Han, the bounty hunter's back was to her.