XXI

THE COCKPIT is quiet and lit only by the indicator lights on the control panel

THE COCKPIT is quiet and lit only by the indicator lights on the control panel. Princess Leia sits in the cockpit alone, in the pilot's seat. She runs her hand across the control panel as she thinks of Han and the confusion that he has created within her.

Suddenly, something outside the cockpit window catches her eye. The reflection of the panel lights obscures her vision until a soft suction like cup attaches itself to the window. Leia moves closer to see what it might be. Large yellow eyes flash open and stare back at her.

Startled, she jumps back into her seat, her heart pounding.

There is a scurry of feet and a loud screech, and in an instant the eyes are gone. The young princess catches her breath, jumps out of her chair, and races out of the cockpit.

She runs to the hold area where she finds 3PO, Han, Chewbacca, and Freya finishing some work on the ship. When Leia ran into the cabin, Han had drop the final floor panel into place.

"There's something out there," Leia says out of breath.

Han tilts his head, "Where?"

"Outside," Leia says, "In the cave."

As she speaks, there comes a sharp banging on the hull. Chewie looks up and barks anxiously. Han's eyes goes from the princess to Freya. He sees her eyes move around, as if she was trying to figure out the situation with her weird voodoo powers.

"There is it," 3PO says, "Listen! Listen!"

Han glanced to everyone, "I'm going out there."

Leia looks shocked, "Are you crazy?"

Han glanced at her, "I just got this bucket back together. I'm not going to let something tear it apart." He says.

Han along with Freya grab their breath masks off a rack and hurry off, not without Leia trailing behind taking Chewie's mask.

"Then I'm going with you," Leia declares.

Han glanced back at her at the trio now walk the corridors of the ship together.

"Whatever you say," Han says, "Your Worship."

Freya glanced at the two. She could sense some sort of tension between the two, some sort of tension that she had apparently missed out on.

"Is something," Freya points at the two of them, "Did something happen?"

Leia and Han give different answers.

"Yes,"

"No,"

Han looks at Freya with a grin while Leia has a scowl on her face directed at Han. Meanwhile, Freya glanced between the two and shakes her head.

"Never mind me asking," Freya says.

The three get their masks on.

The ramp lowers and the three see that the asteroid cave is very dark and huge. Too dark to see what is attacking the ship.