XIII

BEING UNDER fire was not how Freya had planned for her day, but here she was

BEING UNDER fire was not how Freya had planned for her day, but here she was. Here she, Han, Chewie, Luke, and a good amount of Rebels were.

Fighting against the Empire.

They had traveled to the planet of Ryloth for supplies, but it turned out the Empire was waiting for them. After Luke and Han got the goods, they were met with troopers.

Freya ducks behind a crate and then pokes her head up to fire her blaster at a trooper. She hits them in the chest, causing the trooper to fall onto the ground.

She fires more before ducking.

Freya pulls up her comms, "Solo! Get your ass back here!" She yells.

"I would love to darling, but if you hadn't noticed we are also under fire!"  Han yells through the comms.

Freya shakes her head, "What did I say about you calling me "darling" ?" She yells.

Freya turns around the crate and fires more shots at the troopers before turning back to be shielded by the crate.

Freya noticed that a few of the Rebels were hit, some when the fighting started and it only left her and a few others.

"Fall back!" Freya yells, "Fall back to the Falcon!"

Chewbacca growls at her through the comms.

"We'll go back for Luke and Nurf Nerder." Freya says.

Little by little, the Rebels run back in the direction of the Falcon. They were making their way up the ramp. Chewbacca was on the ramp waiting for Freya to run over, who had been covering them by delivering blasts at the enemy.

Freya ducked around the crate and locked eyes with Chewbacca.

She felt the sweat on the back of her neck.

"I just have to make it back to the ramp without getting killed," Freya shakes her head, "This is suicide."

She musters up some sort of confidence and then nods at the Wookiee, who began to fire at the troopers.

Freya stood up and began to run.

As she ran she began to zigzag, but not because she decided it would be a better idea to avoid being hit, but because it felt right.

She paused and then turned around, she pulled out her blaster and fired directly at the trooper that had been quietly sneaking up from behind.

She glanced from the blaster and then to the dead man.

She didn't have time to process that fully. She sprinted off towards the Falcon. She jumped over a crate and then nearly tripped reaching Chewbacca, although the Wookiee grabbed her and hauled her onto the ship.

Chewbacca was growling at her.

"I know," She says, "I know."

The ramps close behind her.