𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN: YOU SLICK BITCH!

_________________

following the entire disaster, we all kind of went our separate ways. i was with kie. later on, we had the obx summer movie series, which was something that happened every year. the pogues and i all usually went, but john b was mia. however, the other four of us were still going; kie's wishes. jj and pope weren't thrilled about it because they wanted to lay on the down low, but whatever.

"back to obx life," kie sighed happily, "you know? aren't you glad i made you come?"

"ecstatic," pope cleared his throat.

"i'm very excited. just wind down, a break from all the craziness," i glared at the two boys, knowing exactly why they didn't want to be there.

"my couch was pretty comfy, i'll be honest," jj sat the chairs down.

"get drinks with me?" kie asked as i nodded.

"hey, uh, can i get two pepsis please?" kiara asked the vendor as rafe walked up to us. great, just who i wanted to see.

"hey kie, elsie. hey, what's up? how are you girls?" the putrid voice called out to us.

"i'm fine."

"good, good. oh elsie, what happened to your foot?" he looked down at my boot, acting like he had no idea.

i stepped closer to him, gritting my teeth, "you know exactly what happened to my foot, rafe. why are you bothering us?" i realized that kie would ask me what i was talking about later, but she was going to find out eventually.

"well elsie, tell your boy that we know what you and him did," rafe had his fists clenched.

"i don't know what you're talking about rafe. whatever happened, it wasn't us. we're not stupid enough to try and go against a goddamn kook when they've got everyone in their corner, okay?"

"i'm sorry, what are you talking about?" kie stepped in.

"oh, ask one of your pogue friends. they'll know," he had a menacing look on his face, "bye," he said as we walked away.

"douche," kie mumbled, "so, uh, are you going to tell me what that was about?" she looked at me.

"i will, kie, i promise. but not here. later," i answered as she rolled her eyes.

"our good buddy rafe just paid elsie and i a visit. practically threatened her," she nudged me, "and this one isn't telling me what it was about, so i was hoping that one of you would care to explain?"

"um, where is he?" jj shyly inquired.

"right there," kie replied as we all turned around, seeing rafe, topper, and kelce all looking at us.

"great, the whole death squad," pope's voice faltered as jj manually turned his head around.

"don't stare bro. just warning you bro, if they corner me, i'm coming out swinging, okay? slice and dicin'. i'm on edge right now," jj explained, "if that doesn't work, i got this right here," he held up his bag.

"we just gotta stay in the group," pope decided

"like a school of fish."

"can't leave the school."

"i'm sorry jj, please tell me you did not bring a gun here. jj, there are kids," kie snorted.

"no! kie, i didn't bring the gun. everything's fine, okay?"