𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: JUST TELL ME, DAMNIT!

_____________________

"i don't feel like hearing you two banging one another," kie mumbled after dropping off pope at his house. it was decided that the three of us were just going to head back to my house; after all, my aunt was still away for another week. besides, if john b was back at his place, it'd be better off for him to be alone right now to cool off.

"well go home then," i retorted bitterly, completely over all this bullshit. with that, she stopped complaining. her parents were not going to be happy, and she didn't feel like dealing with that this late at night. "that's what i thought."

"elsie," jj remarked, telling me to stop being sassy.

"sorryyy. look, kie. i don't want to be on bad terms. and i didn't mean to be bitchy earlier. it's just, pope actually has something going for him. that was handled terribly, and i apologize i guesss," i slurred my words as jj drove the boat back to my place. to be completely truthful, i didn't regret anything i said.

a hint of surprise came across her face; i assume she wasn't expecting me to apologize. usually, i wouldn't do so, simply because i don't like to change my standpoint on certain things. but at a time like this, it was better if we were all on the same page.

"same, i guess i've just been stressed," kiara answered, which is exactly why i would've expected her to lash out. i offered her my vape, but she gratefully declined.

of course i couldn't get what she was feeling. whenever something that would worry me comes up, i turn to my unhealthy coping mechanisms. with that, i grabbed the final beer out of the cooler.

"elsie, i think you've had enough," kiara suggested, but i simply shook my head. "okay, whatever you say."

"i can't wait until tomorrow," i smirked, "john b will be better, pope will be done with his interview, and we can divert our intention to the g."

"you mean attention?" kiara asked.

"what?" my eyebrow furrowed.

"you said intention. i think you meant attention," she clarified.

"oh, yeah that."

"that is, if the gold is still there," jj objected, to which i groaned loudly.

"i swear to fucking god! if he gets that gold i will take your gun and shoot somebody, and i'm not kidding," i raised my voice, and kie covered my mouth to quit me from rambling. the blonde boy took a look back at me, and it seemed like something came back into his mind. what could it be?

oh shit. the fucking gun. was he onto me?

no, i was probably just imagining things.

"hey, hey, angel," he spoke, "you can't say that shit too loudly."

"i'm sorry," i pouted. "ooo! home sweet home!" my mood changed quickly when i saw that we were back at my house at the cut. jj hopped off first, and then kie.

"alright, darlin', your turn," jj held a hand out for me.

"you good, elsie?" kie questioned, noticing that i was stumbling slightly. i continued to walk in an alcoholic haze.

"yeah i'm-" i began, but my sentence was cut short by me throwing up.

"darlin', i told you to stop drinking," he pulled my hair back for me. once i was good, i gave him a shaky thumbs up.

"fuck. all good now, let's goooo," i continued walking until we reached my house. "i guess i should get a shower," i decided, talking to the two.

"leave the door unlocked," jj instructed.