𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: BONG WATER?

__________________

"i'm sorry, you're staying where?" kie inquired. the five of us were at the wreck, simply to regroup. john b had some injuries, but nothing too shabby.

"tannyhill."

"so you're living with sarah cameron?" kie clarified as she served us all drinks.

"makes banging her easy. no windows to climb through," i shrugged as all of the pogues looked at me with an are you serious type of look.

"okay, look. the only reason i'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, all right? and its way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where i was about to go if ward didn't-"

"so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" pope interrupted, asking a question that started to get me thinking.

"woah, you're right," i smiled, looking at one of my best friends.

"i don't know pope," john b sat down in a chair.

"what about those little golf carts that they drive around? you get one of them?" jj interrogated. another good question, i thought in my head.

"does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?"

"not only does it come with a sweater-vest pope," i ran my finger along the cup that was sweating, "but it comes with a matching one for the pomeranian that john b will be gifted!"

"look, you promised. you said you weren't with her."

john b went to make up an excuse, but there was no excuses for what was going on between them.

"bro, just own it. she got you," jj said to john b.

"look, if you wanna hang out with her that's fine. but i'm letting you know right now that i'm not doing anything with sarah," kie insisted.

"do you guys see her here?" john glanced around, pretending to look for his kook girlfriend. "no, right, okay. a little focus would be fantastic."

"stop being sassy," i stood up to him, "it's not a good look. especially for you."

"we've got the map right?" john b changed the topic, not wanting to start an argument.

"it's out of whack cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it," jj pointed at the map, that looked slightly different from how the area looked now.

"it's cause the coast has changed," kie eyed jj, who was acting a little dumb. oh, he mouthed to kie.

"so we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed," pope chimed in.

"thank you, pope," i smiled and patted him on the shoulder kindly. there was no reason to it really, but pope was always the one that just kept us all together. i couldn't think of one time where he pissed me off. an unproblematic legend to be completely honest.

"what about the old forts?"

"battery jasper."

-

-

"we're in battery right here," pope pointed to the landmark on the map, which we were now at, "so, if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"somewhere over there."

"right."

"over there? guys, that's not tannyhill, that's a subdivision," spoke jj.