Desert Storm

Kay and Rosehip continued to run towards the town of Hamasaka. Aleksandr had caught up to the chasers who were scouting the land.

"Drop!" whispered Kay.

The pair went prone, their ghillie suits blended into the surroundings. The soldiers and tanks moved past them. Aleksandr, half out of his hatch, peered through his binoculars. Konstantin's tank rolled up beside Aleksandr's.

"Sir, we can't find them," said Konstantin.

"No, we can't find them on the ground. Call in the Crocodile."

The soldiers and vehicles began to leave the are. Kay tapped Rosehip's arm and they soon stood and began to make their way back towards their friends. Suddenly the sound of helicopter baldes invaded the sky. The two looked behind at the tree line. With the sun at it's back, the black silhouette of the Mi-24 gunship rose above the trees. 

"Run, run!" cried Kay.

They beagn to run faster than antelopes with the crocodile chasing after.

"Commander, we have a visual on the two," said the pilot.

"Do not let them out of your sight," Aleksandr said over the radio.

"Shit, this is bad," Rosehip.

"Hey guys we need some help!" cried Kay into her radio.

"Commander Kay! Stop where you are and hand over the journal! You cannot out run us all!" boombed Aleksandr's loudspeaker.

"And netiher can you!" roared another loudspeaker.

Kuromorimine helicopters arrived to challenge the Mil-24 as did the ground forces of the FSSD. The two parties met opposite each other with Kay and Rosehip in the middle. But of all the FSSD vehicles only one came out. 

"Her," said Aleksandr to himself. 

"What will you do sir?" asked Konstantin.

"Wait here," he said.

Aleksandr got out of his tank and walked towards her. The two came close and finally met, ignoring Kay and Rosehip.

"Leave," said Klara.

"Not without my journal," said Aleksandr.

Klara looked at Kay who nodded at her.

"Fine," she said.

Kay tossed him the book and both her and Rosehip made their way back to their friends.

"I would also advise you to give up your vendetta," said Aleksandr.

"Now that I won't give up so easily."

"Strange, how you want the same things that we want," said Aleksandr.

"Really?" Klara scoffed "And what's that?"

"Peace and prosperity, yet it will be our ways that will ensure our victory," announced Aleksandr.

"Through torture and sabotage!?" cried Klara.

"There are things I regret! But nothing will stand between me and my goal. My followers and I will create true peace!"

"They follow you out of fear but you're not the one they fear!"

"Enough! You may have this victory but you will not have the final one."

Klara walked away, as did Aleksandr.

-Timeskip-

Aleksandr opened his journal to several ripped pages, making his eyes twitch with anger.

 "Damn you bastards!"