Dinner Party - Human AU | Part One

I normally don't do authors notes, but this is the first part of my book!! Enjoy, and make sure to vote and comment 😉☺️😄!!!
"Just come to the dinner, Keefe. It'll be good for you. It's only a few hours, and you won't have to listen to me talking about work, since Mr. Ruewen, the client, has a daughter about your age. You can go do your normal teenager stuff together," Mr. Cassius Sencen pleaded.
Wow. I never thought I live to the day my dad pleads for something.
"Ugh, fine," I groaned.
Mr. Sencen then returned to his normal state, "Good. Now change into a nicer shirt,"
"There 'e is," I said. I went and changed into a deep blue shirt and we got in the car to drive to Havenfield Street, which was down a few neighborhoods. Once we got to the house, which was large, but not at large as our house on Candleshade Lane, we rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door.
"Welcome! Come on in," A beautiful woman with long orange hair and big turquoise eyes greeted us. "I'm Mrs. Ruewen, but you can call me Edaline."
"Nice to meet you. I'm Keefe," I said politely.
"Aww, aren't you cute? But, seriously, no need for formalities. Let's go to the dinner table," Edaline squeezed my cheeks, which made me wince, but after that I grinned because she was so nice. Kind of like the mother I never had, since mine has been in jail since I can remember.
We walked into the pristine dining room, and I saw a middle-aged man with sandy blond hair and blue eyes. He looked much warmer and more welcoming than my dad's other clients, and I appreciated this.
"Let me go check where Sophie is," Edaline smiled a goodbye and went to another room.
Sophie? That must be their daughter.
We sat down and put our napkins on our laps, and were just about to start a polite conversation with Mr. Ruewen, when Edaline walked back in, this time with another girl about my age- sixteen.
And let me just say, I did a double take when I saw her.
She was literally the most beautiful person I had ever met. Like, ever.
Long golden-blond locks, big brown eyes with golden flecks in them, and a smile that pretty much lit up the whole town.
I tried really hard not to stare, and I was basically failing. A lot.
"Hi, I'm Sophie. You must be Keefe. Nice to meet you," she said, smiling and tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.
Keefe, you gotta talk. Be funny. Don't do something dorky. I reminded myself.
"Uhhh... you too," I stammered, inwardly kicking myself.
You too, Keefe? You too!?
"Sophie, go show Keefe the movie room while we talk about boring adult stuff. I think he'll like it," Edaline told her.
And as soon as Sophie looked away, Edaline wiggled her eyebrows at me and winked. My face lit on fire.
Am I really that obvious???