Bookstore

I used this prompt from booknerd1005 ! She gave me a few more prompts in a comment, so I will probably do a couple more! 

You can PM me or comment any prompts you would like to see. I will sometimes do different ships other than sokeefe if i feel like the prompt is a good one and if i feel like i'm skilled enough to write that ship. - tokyo

Sophie

Sophie Foster didn't like going to the library.

The books were all used, and they didn't have the fresh book smell that Sophie loved so much. They had crinkles where previous user folded the pages, and they were sometimes covered in food or booger.

So Sophie went to the bookstore.

The books were fresh, new, and beautiful. They had that 'new book smell'. Sophie enjoyed sitting on of the two cushions in the back corner of the bookstore and read. 

Sophie went to the bookstore so much that she was even close friends with the owner. Her name was Livvy Sonden. 

Livvy was a very nice lady. She had owned and worked at the bookstore for as long as Sophie could remember. She had had a divorce with her husband, Quinlin, a few years ago, and had been quite lonely ever since. Which is why Sophie had gotten a job at the bookstore too, to give Livvy some company.

That day, Sophie was done with her shift, so she was sitting and reading her favorite series, "Harry Potter" by JK Rowling for the twelfth time. She was so immersed in Harry's battle with the dragon that she didn't notice someone had sat down right in front of her, on the opposite cushion.

Keefe

Keefe pushed the door to the bookstore open. Keefe had never been there before, and he was only going there once because his parents told him to buy some books to study.

An African-American woman stood behind the counter, her hair in braids that seemed to sparkle in the sun. She smiled and asked, "Are you looking for something?"

"Yes, just some textbooks," Keefe smiled politely.

"Well, aren't you cute?" The woman laughed. "Well, the textbooks are in the back."

"Thank you," Keefe said, a little baffled by how welcoming and warm the woman was. Most stores just politely directed you to where you wanted to go, and then muttered under their breath, complaining about their job. 

As Keefe slipped past the bookshelves to find the section of books he was looking for, he noticed a girl, sitting on a cushion in the corner. Completely forgetting about the textbooks, he walked a little closer, curious. Keefe couldn't see her face, since she was so immersed in the book in her hands.

Keefe sat down on the opposite cushion, and after a few moments, he said, "Hello."

The girl looked up with a start. She looked quite surprised to see Keefe sitting there, in front of her, but said, "Hello."

Keefe could barely answer, though, because of her face. She was beautiful. The girl's facial features were perfectly symmetrical, with light pink lips and flowy blonde hair. 

But her eyes.

They were huge and chocolate brown with golden flecks. Warm and inviting. Like depths of knowledge and passion.

"Um, are you okay?" The girl's melodic voice snapped me out of my daze.

"Uh, sorry." Keefe said. "I'm Keefe. What's your name?"

"Sophie Foster," The girl said.

"Nice to meet you, Foster," Keefe said. 

Sophie returned his grin with a breathtaking smile.

They didn't say anything for the rest of their time there, but it was clear there were a lot of unspoken words. 

---the next day---

Keefe decided to go the bookstore again. But this time it wasn't for books. It was to see the girl who sat in the corner, Sophie.

But she wasn't there, in the corner, that day. Keefe was a bit disappointed, but he picked up a book- the first Harry Potter- and went to the checkout counter. 

Sophie

Sophie had her shift at the bookstore that day, so she stood behind the counter, looking at her until someone came up to the counter so she could check out their books.

Sophie suddenly heard footsteps, so she cancelled out the tab on Google Chrome she was on while saying, "Good afternoon, did you find everyth-"

Sophie cut herself off after looking up and seeing who it was.

It was Keefe, the boy with the perfect hair and the ice blue eyes. 

"Keefe," Sophie said in slight wonder.

"Foster," Keefe grinned at her after a moment of looking surprised, then slipped his book into Sophie's hands so she could scan it.

They talked for a minute or two, and then Keefe had to go. Sophie waved goodbye as Keefe walked over to the door, pulled it open, and stepped outside of the warmth of Livvy's bookshop. 

---time lapse---

For the next week or so, Keefe came to the bookstore every day, and talked to Sophie about all sorts of different things. 

The two grew quite close during these periods of time.

Every time, Keefe would find Sophie on the cushion in the corner of the bookstore, and every time, Keefe plopped down on the cushion right in front of her, and every time, Sophie didn't notice him since she was so into her book- until he said hello.

---the next week---

Keefe

As Keefe strode by the bookstore where he met Sophie, he couldn't help but think about her. Keefe really wanted her phone number. 

Keefe couldn't stay for long, though. His father wanted him home quickly, so Keefe couldn't spend time with Sophie that day.

Nevertheless, he quickly stepped inside of the bookstore, walked to the back after greeting the woman with sparkly braids, and sat down on the very same cushion as he did before, right in front of Sophie.

Like usual, Sophie didn't notice him because she was so immersed in her book. But this time, Keefe intended for her not to notice him. If she looked up and saw those chocolate brown eyes, he knew he would be staying there for hours.

So Keefe scribbled something on a scrap of paper, set it down on the cushion, and left the store.

Sophie

Sophie looked up to stretch her neck, and noticed a little slip of paper on the cushion where Keefe usually sat.

She gathered the scrap of paper up, and uncrumpled it. Inside, was a set of ten numbers that made Sophie smile.

There was no name, but Sophie already knew who it was.

Hope you enjoyed! It's honestly really bad, but comment what you thought below! Thanks! - tokyo