Dinner Party - Human AU | Part Two

"So, uh, what movie do you wanna watch?" Sophie asks me, rummaging through a box in the corner of the home theater. "Oh, crud."

"What?" I look at her.

"Tam took out all the good movies. He only left the horror ones," She frowns good-naturedly.

"Who's Tam?" I ask, pushing all jealous thoughts to the back of my head.

"One of my best friends, along with Dex and Biana," She says, showing me a picture on her phone. It's of her and a guy with long dark bangs that have silver tips and sliver-blue eyes. His arms are wrapped around Sophie from behind, and it looks like he's tickling her. Then she shows me another picture. It's of Sophie, a strawberry-blonde boy, and a beautiful girl with chocolate brown hair and teal eyes that I recognize as Biana Vacker, my best friend's sister.

"You know Biana?" I ask her, surprised.

"You know Biana?" She looks at me.

"Yeah, she's my best friend, Fitz's sister," I explain.

"Ohhh. I know Fitz. He doesn't really hang out with me, Tam, Dex, and Biana much, just mostly with Linh, his girlfriend, who's also Tam's twin sister. I've seen him at dinner before, though," Sophie recalls.

"Hmmm, yeah. Small world," I murmur.

"Let's just watch some horror films," Sophie shrugs, then sits back in one of the seats in the second row after pushing a DVD into the slot. I take a seat next to her and we settle down for the movie.

-----------------------------------------

As the movie finishes, I turn to Sophie. She's fallen asleep, I realize. Her angelic face is peaceful as she sleeps, and her hair covers one of her eyes. I tuck the hair behind her ear, then pick her up bridal style and get out of the home theater. I wander the halls for a little bit, then see a door with the words "Sophie's Room!!!" in golden letters. I push the door open, then set her on her bed. I look around at her room, taking note of the many pictures of her and Tam, Dex, and Biana pasted on the wall. There's an office area in the corner and a closet on the other side of the room. The walls are painted a beautiful ice blue color- the color of my eyes, I realize. I smile softly and sit down on the bed criss-cross applesauce as I wait for Sophie to wake up.

Hope you enjoyed!!!

- Tokyo