Nightmares

ATTENTION - IMPORTANT:

Hey guys, before you get into this, please read!!

This oneshot is based off of kotlcisalifestyle 's Sokeefe Oneshot, check out their books if you haven't already! 

It is not exactly the same, FOR I AM DOING KEEFE'S POV!!

I usually just love to rethink a bunch of the oneshots and books I read into the other person's POV, and I wanted to write one! 

I hope you enjoy!

Sophie came down, dare I say, looking bad. Obviously, she was the most beautiful person in The Lost Cities, but her condition looked .. like she had died and came back.

"Foster, you okay? You look like you lost a fight with your pillow," I said, concerned. My overprotective side was definitely coming out.

"Yeah, I'm fine," She said, trying (and failing) to reassure me.

Life lesson:

When someone says they're fine,

they're not.

I gave Sophie the mug of cinnacreme I made for her, then said, "You know you can tell me if something's up, right?"

I wasn't too worried yet, but I knew there was something wrong. 

"Oh, no! It's not that I can't tell you- I mean, nothing's going on. So, there's really nothing to tell.. hehe," She stuttered.

I felt a spike of nervousness, and some other emotions that indicated that Sophie was lying. This was a surprise for me. We had stopped lying to each other years ago. 

"Sophie, your emotions are spiking. Is something going on at work?" I said, taking her hand and squeezing it.

Was the Black Swan overworking her? I should talk to Mr. Forkle. 

"Keefe, everything is fine. I promise," She got up from the table without touching the cinnacreme or any of the breakfast I gave her, which worried me. Sophie was always one for cinnacreme. 

And food in general, really.

"I'm going to .. go get ready for work," She said, playing with her hands.

I looked at her sadly. I thought we were done with secrets. But this seemed serious, so I wasn't going to just let her go.

"Nope! You aren't going anywhere until you tell me," I dragged her back to the couch, and flopped us both down on the cushions. Then I shoved the cinnacreme back in her hands and told her to drink it. 

Sophie then gave me a very *unconvincing* reassuring grin and crossed her arms.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked her worriedly.

Oh, shoot. What if I DID do something wrong? Is she scared of me now? Is that why she's nervous? My mind ran through my actions from the past month as I tried to think about anything that could remotely make her mad.

"No, Keefe. It's just been a hard, week, okay?" She kissed my cheek, trying to convince me. I knew she was lying. I'm an Empath.

I was desperate now. 

"Foster. I'm your partner, please. We're a team," I begged.

"I'm going to go get ready for work," Sophie looked like she felt bad as she left the room, but also like she was really trying to get out of the conversation. I decided to let her off the hook, but I was definitely going to talk to her about it after work.