The Morning Before I Returned

PERCY'S POV

I woke early. More like I couldn't go to sleep. I tossed and turned all night regretting what was going to follow the next morning. I got up before the sun rose, like I had every morning but I went towards the arena to work through my emotions.

It was about an hour before I took a break from swinging my  sword. I sat and looked at my sword and my reflection in the sword. I flashed back to the day I found it.

Flashback

I was still new here around the palace. The title didn't really help me feel like I fit in. Ever since I arrived I had manner and royalty training. I was getting bored of it.

After another boring class I was heading back to my room and I went straight to my bathroom to clean up. When I came out there was a box on the bed. I went to it and saw the note on top.

Be Ready for training tomorrow. Finally getting out of that classroom.

-Father

I slowly opened the box. In it was a beautiful sword. Words couldn't describe it. When I picked it up it was perfectly balanced. I hadn't held a sword like this since I held Riptide.

I got rid of Riptide when I arrived here. Technically I gave it up. Since then I haven't held a sword and when I picked up this one it felt amazing. I swung the sword and felt amazing.

End Flashback

"You gonna sit around all day?" Luke called out.

"Sun still down. What are you doing here?"

"Couldn't sleep. You?"

"Never really went to sleep" I stood up and decided to leave him and as I was leaving I realized he needed to let out some anger as well.

I walked to my room and by the time I was done cleaning up the sun was staring to rise. Then I stood there realizing that the sun was shining on everything.

The world could be beautiful when it wasn't ruined by everything in my past.

I stood there for a while and I was snapped out of it by my father asking if I was ready

I mumbled "As ready as I can be"

———————————————————————————————

Author's Note

Hey readers. Sorry for the long update. I have been busy. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter. The next one will be the reunion and will probably be long.

Hope you guys have a nice day.

-Addi