Confrontation

Percy POV

Finally being able to sleep, while being in control of my mind was great. I had no dreams, then again, we beat the bad guys again. However, the fact that I have actually revealed to everyone hit me like a train when I woke up.

"Morning Sleeping Beauty!" I looked over and saw Luke sitting next to my bed. I was about to ask him how long but he already knew that I would. "You've been out like a light for about 8 days. Chaos came by a few times to check on you. He didn't say much. I think you both really need to clear the air. Also, just a little heads up, everyone has been asking a lot of questions, so be prepared."

"Great...Just what I need." I retorted sarcastically

"If it makes you feel any better, Will has been up and around for the past 4 days. Nico won't let him out of his sight but he is doing a lot better. Thanks to you being an idiot."

I smiled. Will was fine, sure I might have overtaxed my powers just a little. But I had helped defeat Kronos, Gaea, End and managed to save Nico's fiance. I call it a major win, with the only side effect being the ability to pass out for 8 days straight, then in addition to that, needing to explain to everyone how you're alive.

This is going to be so much fun. As soon as Luke left I reluctantly got out of bed and made myself look somewhat presentable. I walked through my cabin and was greeted by the excited faces of my family. We sat and talked for what felt like hours but they were only minutes.

Before I faced the millions of questions everyone had for me, I decided to get my own answered. With my powers feeling completely normal, I opened a portal to Chaos' planet. Luke offered to come with me, but I needed to do this part on my own. However, I would need his help at camp for sure.

I walked to my father's office and knocked, which was different for me, and he made a sound of acknowledgement. I opened the door and saw him buried in paperwork. He hadn't even looked up at me yet, so I spoke first. "Isn't normally my job to do that afterwards?"

His head shot up and he stood so fast that some of the files fell off his desk. It didn't look like he cared. He looked me in the eyes and didn't break contact until I spoke. "Was it true?"

I was terrified of the answer because if it was true how could I know that he wouldn't do it again. He could tell that I was scared of the answer because his eyes became even softer when he spoke.

"When you were born I was overjoyed, but I got a warning that if I ever had an heir their life would be in danger. Not only would their power grow too fast, but they would get caught up in events that I couldn't stop. Their powers would be much like mine, but if they were taught how to use them from the very beginning that other powers would develop. Ones that had a darker meaning to them. Your powers began to properly show when you were 3 years old. Everyday, I lived in the fear that if I allowed your powers to grow too fast, you would either hurt yourself or someone else."

He paused and took a breath. I could tell that this was hard for him to tell but I needed to know.

"I didn't send you away like you were nothing, because you are the most important thing in my life. To this day I knew that I needed to tell you the truth, but I was afraid that if you knew too early that something bad would happen to you. I decided I would let your other powers develop on their own. I did place a cap of sorts on them to slow their development but, not to stop them completely."

Tears started forming in both of our eyes but he continued.

"Both versions of your powers are controlled by emotions. I was nervous that if you didn't know how to control them first, that you would do something drastic or turn into a completely different person. I sent you to Earth and made you a new life with your mother and since you would indeed be powerful I convinced everyone that you were the son of Poseidon. It hurt me so much to leave you there, but I was only trying to protect you from something nobody would have control over. I'm sorry if you ever thought I didn't Love yo-"

Before he could finish I hugged him and started to let my tears fall. He hugged back as soon as he realized and we stood there hugging. Just like we did when I was 3, when he 'realized' I was his son, and when I found a new family thanks to him. "Thank You for telling me the truth. I know it wasn't easy, but I needed to know. I don't blame you for anything because you are my father and nothing will ever change that." We finally pulled apart "Now, If you will excuse me I have to go face the camp, the Gods and my past. All at once."

He smirked and nodded "Do you need someone to keep them at bay?" I shook my head "No, I'm making Luke do that. Seems like you have a lot of paperwork to do anyways."

"Good Luck, See you soon."

With that I went back to camp but instead of going to the cabin I went to the beach. I needed to talk to someone before I faced the masses.

I stepped into the water and in less than 2 seconds a familiar looking God was staring at me in wonder. He stood there shocked for a few good seconds before he started to apologize about everything that happened. I stopped him "It's okay. I forgave you a long time ago, and I don't blame you for anything. Besides, Hunter isn't actually that bad, we talked after our duel and he just blames himself for me leaving. I just told him to learn from his mistakes, but still learn from them."

"When did you become so philosophical?" He smirked "30,000 years travelling the galaxies does that to you." I went on to explain everything that happened after I left and came back. He listened very closely and when I was done he looked at me in wonder.

"Even though I know the truth I am very proud of you, kiddo. Glad you finally found what you were looking for." I was about to respond but Luke came running up behind me yelling something.

"What is your problem?" He bent over to catch his breath then stood up and managed to say a few words. "Nico-You-Gone-Furious" I shook my head, turning to Poseidon asking a question.

"Would you mind going to get the Gods? I only want to tell this story once more today." He nodded and flashed off to presumably fetch the Gods. I stared down at Luke and then helped him up.

"Why are you out of breath? It is not a very far run." He looked at me with a shocked expression.

"I was the one who told him and he sent a damn skeleton cat after me. You try running away from a skeleton cat for the last 2 hours and will see if you're tired." I smirked and then gestured to the pavilion.

"Mind helping me face the masses? I don't think I want to do it on my own."

"What is family for?" He smirked then we walked towards the pavilion full angry of people and Gods.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers,

Hope all is well. I meant to update yesterday but I was just really tired so I forgot.

Anyway, Trivia Time........... What is the First thing that Percy physically speaks and who is he speaking to?

Last answers, PJO-5/HoO-5/TOA-4 soon to be 5/ Magnus Chase-3/ Kane Chronicles-3

Usual Disclaimer. I don't own any of the characters. That honor is all Uncle Rick's. Any similarities to other stories are completely unintentional. I don't own the video above either.

❤️Addi