I Talk With A Friend?

SIGMA POV

The rest of the day went normal or as normal as it could be. After my dual with Hunter, the campers all acted differently. Some of them were congratulating me and others were running in the opposite direction.

I spent some time in the cabin before dinner and the campfire. However, I was mostly worried about the talk between them. I didn't tell anybody and I assumed Hunter didn't either.

Finally, the horn blew signaling dinner. We all headed down to the pavilion and we quickly finished our meal. After the meal followed the announcement of the campfire.

"At tonight's campfire, we will be celebrating and honoring Percy Jackson with another story told by those close to him." Chiron stated.

I choked on my drink. I knew what this week was, I just didn't know what to think of that.

'Hey, are you going to that?' Luke asked

'Probably not. You guys going?'

'We were thinking about it. Only if it was okay with you.'

'How long have you known about this tradition of theirs?'

'We overheard some of the campers. So is it okay?'

'It's fine. You guys go.'

'You should come. Just to throw off any suspicion.'

I glared at him and he gave me the normal grin. I mouthed maybe and he turned around looking satisfied with himself.

After dinner there was about an hour of free time before the campfire started so I walked to where I was supposed to meet Hunter. I still didn't understand why I was so torn up about this. I mean this kid ruined my life here but I still couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to help him.

I was about to give up hope until I saw a familiar figure walking towards me. I smiled. "I didn't think you were coming."

"Honestly, I didn't think I was until I thought about what you said. About seeing the same look in peoples eyes but I think it was more of a personal comment from your experience."

This kid was smarter than I gave him credit. "Yeah, I used to carry the blame on my shoulders but I let it go so I could live my life. I'm not saying to forget what happened. All I'm saying is to not let it weigh you down because you can't reach your potential if you let the past way you down. You make and accept the mistakes, learn from them, and continue living."

I saw his face lighten up and soon there was a smile. I knew that I helped when we started talking like we were best friends. A horn blew signaling the start of the campfire and I told him to go on ahead.

I was going back to the cabin, until I realized what I said. I need to move on and try to forgive the people who caused me pain.

I soon arrived at the campfire and found the army sitting. I walked over to them and Luke patted the seat next to him. I grinned and he looked more smug than ever. I sat down and "accidentally" hit him in the shoulder.

'Chiron just finished the opening speeches. They were about to start. Good timing.'

I Ignored him and listened to my ex friends explain some of the story's and adventures that we had gone on. The last person to speak was Annabeth. She talked about the Titan War and how we defended Manhattan from an army.

She was hesitant to speak fast and kept throwing glances at Hunter. I guess she was a little surprised when he didn't interrupt. I guess my advice worked.

The campfire ended with a few songs from the Apollo cabin and then Chiron dismissed us. As we were walking back to the cabin the army was nice and not their usual selves. Only until we got back in the cabin did they start teasing me.

Thankfully it was interrupted by a familiar son of Hades. Nico knocked at the door and I motioned for him to come in. "Can we talk for a second?"

The tone got me a little worried but I nodded and motioned for him to follow. As soon as we're alone he looked a little sad. "What's wrong?"

He glanced at me and I could immediately tell this was a mission for the old Percy. I sat down next to him and I noticed that a tear fell from his eyes.

"When will you leave after this is all finished?" He asked

"We will stay for about a week, maybe two. Why?"

He looked so troubled I really didn't know what to do. "I was going to ask you a favor." I nodded for him to continue but we were interrupted by two horn sounds.

We looked at each other and said in unison "Attack!"

——————————————————————————

Author's note

Hello again readers. I hope you are all doing well. Can you guess what the next chapter will be about?

Anyway next Trivia question ......

In the second book of the PJO series, what object do Annabeth and Percy go looking for that will save the camp?

The answer to the last question was..... Juno/Hera.

Whatever name you call her by, she is still the worst.

Anyway I hope you guys are doing well and remember to comment on the answer or if you want a POV ask and you will probably receive.

I do not own anything and any similarities is completely unintentional. Thanks for reading, guys.

-Addi