Chapter 4: What is Valentine's Day

Authors Notes: Things will escaulate quickly after the next chapter. So be ready for it :D

Also this is just a friendly date, nothing romantic.

Please Read and review

Darkness Returns

Chapter 4

What is Valentine's Day?

The whole temple smelled sweet. All the ninja seemed to have gone on either dates, or stuck around and had picnics. Kairi walked around the house putting away anything she saw unpacked, but in the wrong spot. She knocked on her parents door. No one answered. Oh yeah...Zane was in the kitchen making a cake. She loved cakes.

Giggling

She peeked into the tv room that wasn't completely unpacked yet, but it had her uncle Jay and Aunt Nya. They were watching a movie. Nya's head was on Jay's lap and he would feed her popcorn. They had only just got back from the mall and in their hands was a new movie they 'had been looking for forever to find' She peeked in at the movie. There was a man wearing a clown outfit, but had blood running down his face. Kairi left the room really fast. That wasn't a pleasant movie.

The young girl watched Skylor walk by in a brightly colored dress, and Kai was wearing a pair of black pants and loosely buttoned up red shirt. She wasn't totally sure where they were going. But more than likely it was going to be dateish.

She looked in on her parents. Cole was being fed cake by Zane who was covered in flour. She sighed and left the room.

Why was everyone being lovey dovey? Just what was this...valentine's day thing anyways?

Kairi didn't like it too much. No one was really around. She kind of felt lonely.

She jumped when someone held out a rose from the other side of a door. She looked at it and then looked within and smiled. Lloyd chuckled as he picked her up and held the flower out to her.

"Come on Kairi...lets me and you go to the movies huh?"

"Movies?" She questioned. She had never been to a theater before. She had seen movies that had them in it, but never been to one in person.

"Yeah, just me and you. Just a sort of 'uncle and niece' sort of thing." Lloyd said walking toward the kitchen.

"But I thought today you were supposed to spend time with someone you love?" Or at least thats what she thought.

"Ah I don't have a girlfriend. I got bad luck with them."

"Could always try a man. Daddy and Pops love each other." Well she wasn't wrong. Actually she was pretty right actually. But then again Lloyd didn't seem to be fond of the idea of someone around him like that anymore. Harumi ruined that for him, He did have a thing for someone in another dimension for a little bit. But it wasn't healthy to continue to vye for someone who wasn't anywhere near you. The way that time went on there. She was probably old and married. Tons of kids. That...sounded awesome to him.

"Ah we'll see what the future holds." It was true.

"So what do you think Kairi? Wanna go to the movies with me?" He said it in front of her parents so they knew. She smiled and nodded.

"Alright, but make sure its a good movie...I don't want to see something like what Uncle Jay and Aunt Nya are watching...bloody clowns." She shivered.

Cole looked at Zane who looked horrified.

"Killer klowns from outer space." Lloyd made a fake gagging motion.

"That sounds about right." Zane said. "However...if you are attempting to woo my daughter Lloyd I must inform you that you are way too old for her and I will not allow it." Zane picked up Kairi.

"He said it's a uncle and niece thing. Not ...um...wooing?" She looked confused. "Is it Great Uncle Wu's birthday? Is that what valentine's day is?" She asked.

"No...Valentine's day is a holiday for lovers, couples, husbands and wives, and even some friends go out too." Cole poked Kairi's nose.

"You and I are the only single people in the Temple. So...we'll do the friends go out thing." He watched as Zane filled a cup with water letting Kairi put her rose into it.

"Lloyd will watch over you Kairi." Cole said

"Alright..." Kairi held out her arms for Lloyd. The Master of Energy plucked her up and made his way out.