Chapter 16: Little Girl

Darkness Returns

Chapter 16

Little Girl

Kairi hit the cabinet as the camper rolled. She hit the light fixture on the ceiling, and then the table again. All that good food was now wasted as the camper continued to roll till it hit the wall on the other side of the junkyard.

She could taste blood in her mouth. She hit the table rather hard, and she knows she hit a few other things as well. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around the room. Everything that once was inside the cabinets were out and shattered. She looked at herself as she tried to clear the haze from her head. One of her arms was covered in blood. Several pieces of glass stuck out of it. She couldn't think of where she got them from, nor did she know where she got them from. But from her elbow to her shoulder it was dotted with glass.

The door was pulled from the camper and someone stepped into the room. A guy that looked like he had gotten the clothing he wore from an elephant. They just draped over him as if he were being hidden by a tablecloth.

"Hello! I am here for my mistress Lady Adel Antiva. She sends her regards." He spotted Ed and Edna laying on the floor. Both of which looked a little worse for wear but the groaning meant they were alive. "Oh I do beg your pardon but it would seem we've ruined your home. It looked...quant." He chuckled and his eyes spotted Kairi as she moved a little.

"Ah lookit boys. The kid! Good to see you kid. Looks like you've earned Rocket some points." He picked her up seeing the blood. "Oh a little worse for wear. Don't worry kid, you'll be just fine once Vacara gets hold of you. Best medic there is." He walked out of the camper leaving Jay's parents there.

"Alright gents let's get out of there. We have what we came for!"

(0)

The cell door opened and Adel walked into the room leaning into the incredibly exhausted Zane.

"I read that one of my subordinates just found that little cub of yours. I'll have her here soon enough Mr. Nindriod. It's only a matter of time before we eradicate our problem, and boost our sales again." Adel kissed his cheek. She pulled back as he shook his head.

"Don't...Don't touch me." He panted, his vents opening to pull in as much ai to cool his systems down.

"Ma'me! We have one of the ninja, and another that looks a lot like him." Adel nodded and watched as they brought in Jay and Echo.

"Oh look...toys. I wonder if this one is built like you droid." She walked over and lifted his shirt. "Oh you are." She looked over at one of her men. "Give me the tape."

Tape was placed into her hand and she pulled a large chunk off and tore it into several smaller pieces. She snapped her fingers and Echo was picked up and his hands were shackled to the pipe over his head. His toes were barely scraping the floor. Adel took one of the pieces of tape and placed it over the vents.

"No!" Jay cried out. "You'll cause him to suffocate!"

Adel smiled down at him. "Oh...thats what i'm doing? He's a droid, he can be recreated. She patted Jay's cheek.

"So...I'm going to ask you once. Where are the others?" She asked placing the tape over the next one. Echo was already struggling to intake air.

"At least it's me, and not Nya." He voiced to Jay.

"Oh? Why's that?" Adel asked, placing another piece over the third vent.

"Pregnant. With Jay's baby."

"Oh...I'll promise I won't harm her or the baby. We don't have a habit of harming merchandise." Jay jumped up and ran at the woman. A club came up and hit Jay's chin and he crumbled to the floor.

"Mame." The man who had found Kairi tipped his hat to her.

"Marcus. You have something for me?" Adel asked motioning to the table leaving Echo to gasp for breath having only one working vent. Technically with his vents covered he could survive for at least 15 minutes as his brother can as well going through extensive training underwater.

"Kairi...my baby..." Zane tried to get out of the chair. It fruitess, with all the cables in his chest reading everything about it, he couldn't move.