Chapter 11: Fly

Authors Notes: You can thank ashar2234 for this chapter.

Darkness Returns

Chapter 11

Fly

Cole continued to follow the beacon that was being let out by the ear piece. He hated the constant beeping, but he needed to find the others. Quickly...he wanted revenge.

The piece of wall folded down to show a secret passage. The old Samurai X headquarters that once upon a time Garmadon and Lloyd went to while hiding from the Overlords forces. In Cole's opinion he should have stayed there. He saw Jay's jet, and Kai's katana. He didn't see the others.

Cole climbed out of the car. The three looked confused as Nya poked her head out of the katana.

"Where's Kairi and Zane?" She asked, taking a bite out of the celery stick. She had to have grown since the last he saw her. Her belly was getting pretty large. They all were still wearing their best clothing.

"The pirate woman found us." Cole leaned against the stolen car. Running his hands along his cheeks. "Zane carried Kairi out to the driller as we made a break for it. The womans men used a rocket launcher on it." Cole gritted his teeth. Saying the next words with as much hatred and malice as he could. "Blew it up."

"Blew it up?" Echo peeked out of the lightning jet. "My brother...and my niece are...?" Cole looked at Jay and then Echo. Jay just blushed and shrugged.

"Can you blame me?" Jay asked, admitting his crush on Echo. Echo looked almost shy about it. He slowly sank back down into the jet.

"What are we gonna do Cole?" With Lloyd gone still it was Cole who was leader.

"What do you think we're gonna do? We're going to strike back." The room felt as if it shook with how angry the earth elemental was.

(0)

Adels men climbed back onto their bikes, or into their trucks and left the building to burn behind them. When the coast was clear Zane's hiding spot was revealed. The ball of ice rolled out from behind a piece of burning Driller. When he spotted the rocket heading there way. It was simple to create a ball of ice encasing himself and Kairi within. It took some punishment, and so did they as the ball rolled away. But only bumps and bruises. Zane looked down at Kairi who clings to him. Shivering from being in an ice cage. She was fine though, her temperature was stable. That was good, but they needed to find new transport. He needed to find Cole, and the others.

Zane heard the screech above him as he walked through the down. The piece of ice being left behind him to melt. No evidence. Falcon landed on his shoulder looking down at Kairi.

"We are fine. Is there a vehicle closeby?" The falcon led them to a track. He could hear a whistle off in the distance. Zane looked up to spot a train near them.

"Perhaps we can climb on board and make our way home?" He asked looking down at the young girl. Kairi had never rode a train before. This was rather exciting to her.

Zane walked up to the ticket master and held out some coins.

"Two tickets to Ninjago city please."

"Its a day trip. But she'll getcha there." The man chewed on a piece of...was that a piece of tobacco? Out there you never knew what they had.

"As long as there is a dining car for her we'll be fine." Zane said taking the tickets and boarding the train.