Chapter 14: Junk Yard

Darkness Returns

Chapter 14

Junk Yard

"Jay! Jay it's your mother dear. I know you're busy and probably running for your life or hiding somewhere, but honey listen. We have Kairi with us. She's sleeping though, if you know where Cole or Zane are please tell them where she is." She sighed looking at her phone. She was hoping Jay checked his messages before too long. Kairi was probably being missed, or being looked for. She didn't know, just that when she heard Ed call for her. She turned around and Kairi had fainted and Ed wasn't able to keep the poor girl aloft from the angle she fell. Ed was able to carry her inside after they got hold of her better.

"I donno Edna, she doesn't look good. I mean she was always pale, but this is almost a gray color." Her cheeks were a light pink color. Ed looked in the cabinet hoping beyond hope that they had some sort of kids medication. She wasn't a teenager yet. Adult medication could hurt her. Ed pulled back on his shoes and walked toward the door.

"I'm going to get some kids medication dear. Keep the security system on till I get back alright hun?" He kissed her cheek before leaving. Edna turned and looked back at Kairi before going over to the stove to make her some soup. Something light would be good for her.

(0)

"COLE!!!" Jay's shrill voice called throughout the cave. The earth elemental poked his head out from inside the Samurai X mech where it looked like he was sleeping. Or stewing...

"What?" Cole yelled back and jumped down so he could walk over to Jay. Jay activated the phone so Cole could hear his mothers message. "Kairi...bu wheres Zane?" He looked at Jay who shrugged.

"I don't know, this is all I got from mom. But since mom asked about Zane I'm assuming he's not there." Jay said, looking around at Nya, and Echo. Kai had grabbed his bowl and climbed back into his car and then leaned back watching movies.

"I'll go in on my own. You all need to keep Nya safe." Cole told them. Jay shook his head.

"Oh nu uh...I'm not staying here. Echo and Kai can stay with Nya but I'm..."

"She's too close to having that baby. You stay here!" Cole's voice bellowed.

"Where are the others anyways?"

"Master Lloyd, Mrs. Misako, and Master Wu went toward the river country to see if they could find Garmadon." Echo told them. River country was an unusual place full of bogs, forest, gaters, and stray snakes that refused to relocate to the undergrounds of Ninjago City. Rogues full of thieves, and theft. A perfect place for a retired warlord.

"Come on Kai...you're coming with me." Kai looked out his window.

"Whoa?" His mouth was full of rice.

(0)

Zane felt his chest plate pop open without his say so. He opened his eyes to look around the room again. He was still in the chair. But there were four cables going from a computer to his chest.

"You are rather impressive Mr. Julien."

"Brookstone." Zane announced with pride.

"Brookstone? Like the earth elemental?"

"It was our wedding reception you ruined. But yes, I am married to Cole now." Zane announced as he felt something in his chest plate burn hot for a moment. "What are you doing to me?"

"Nothing...much. We're trying to find any secrets you might hold about their hiding places."

"Mining my memories?"

"Of course."

"Borg tower. Checked there, temple of light? Oh my too far for anyone. Lighthouse island? Blown to pieces. Airjitzu temple? Gone. Laffy's bar? Closed. Dareths apartment? Destroyed. What is...Ed and Edna's?"

"It's a junk yard we went to for parts." It was true, it was a junkyard and they did go there for parts. But they didn't need to know that it was also Jay's parents place.

"Check there...as well as Samurai X cave. Who knows what goodies are there." The woman smiled

"No!"