Chapter 13: Where's Cole?

Darkness Returns

Chapter 13

Where's Cole?

Echo watched from the cockpit of the lightning jet. Cole was pissed, Nya was pregnant and totally not taking any of Coles attitude and Jay...well Jay wasn't helping. Echo had to do something or Nya would be angry all day long. So he climbed out of the jet and looked around for a moment spotting what he wanted and took it over to Nya.

Nya grumbled as she rubbed her belly. The child within was kicking rather forcefully, but the food wasn't hurrying up and getting done fast enough. Well fast enough for the baby anyways. So Nya sighed and looked over the rice. They didn't have a rice cooker like at the temple so everything was being made over a single burner. It took way longer than she wished.

"Nya?" Nya turned around and glared for a few moments before she smiled. Echo held up a pair of white flowers that commonly grow on the sides of the canyon walls. There were a few along the walls there. Jay looked up from the engine and smiled at the affection. Melting Nya's heart right now would be best, and he wasn't good at that. Echo on the other hand, was a peach.

"Awe thank you Echo." Nya giggled, kissing his cheek before putting the flowers into a small teacup and stirred the rice before turning back around. "You are a cute guy, you know that Echo?" Echo felt himself blush before he rubbed his cheeks attempting to get rid of the shyness. He was effortlessly charming, adorable, and sweet. When Jay approached Nya with the possibility of a poly relationship like this she was unsure of things. After all it took Jay so long to convince Nya that he was a good enough partner to marry, but a droid like Echo too? It was moments like these that made her sure of their decision.

"Do you need help with your meal?" Echo asked. Nya shook her head.

"Oh grab the eggs from the fridge please. Just two." She called over her shoulder. Echo appeared over her shoulder with the desired food. She cracked the two eggs and put them onto the two bowls of rice. Jay didn't too much like eggs on his rice, but there was already some inside it. So that was good. This would be excellent protein for herself and Kai.

"Kai, Jay." Nya called out. She held up a few bowls, and a cup of oil for Echo. Cole however was nowhere to be seen.

(0)

"Ow...my head..." Zane tried to reach up and rub his temples, but he couldn't move his hands from the chair. He looked around at the surroundings. Vengestone walls, vengestone chair, and the pieces holding his arms and legs down. He didn't like this feeling at all, what was he going to do?

"Hello?" He called out.

"Hello, Master Zane." A woman walked over to Zane. He recognized this woman as the one who nearly blew him and Kairi up.

"I know you...You tried to destroy us, ruined my wedding, tried to burn us...how have you been following us?"

"A creator...always has a tracker for their slaves. You see...this is where Kairi was created. Within these walls are the base materials for her creation, she...failed. Because of this we must locate and find out where we went wrong. Right now our reputation is at stake. You understand don't you? You're a nindroid. Quality control is a must."

"She isn't a slave anymore."

"Oh no Zane, she's always a slave. She will always be our little toy. If her chemical make up isn't corrected, she could...fall to pieces." She held up a vial of something pink. "Literally."

(0)

Kairi hated people sometimes, she had left those wealthy people behind on the tracks. They refused to move from where the butlers dropped them off at. Couldn't do anything for themselves, she couldn't do anything for them. So she left and walked back toward Ninjago city. It wasn't too far now. She could see the spires, but one other place looked a lot more appealing. She walked through the archway of a familiar walled junk yard.

"Uncle Ed..." Kairi called out to him. He pulled up his welding mask and dropped the torch and ran toward her. To him, she looked so pale, he could see the tears. Something must have gone horribly wrong.

"Edna!" he called out as he gathered her into his arms. She was shaking so much, he ran his fingers over her head. He felt the second body run into him as Edna ran her fingers over the young girl's arms. Her eyes were barely opened. She was exhausted, so tired. It would be okay if she fell asleep...right?