Chapter 2: Wallflower and Roses

-Some people say that love is like a chocolate; it is a mixture of bitterness and sweetness, some say that it is like a thorny rose; so beautiful that can captivate anyone's heart, but the more you hold into it the more painful you will feel, but some also say that it is like an aged wine; it feels good every time you indulge it, but it makes you crazy. No matter what things that anyone of us can relate to the word "love" I can say that it brings pleasure and pain at the same time.-

The three boys just arrived at their condo unit. Ritmo immediately jumped on the couch, feeling tired because they needed to wake up early and attend a very long and tiring meeting.

"Hey Ritmo! Remove your shoes first, it is our rule to remove it and put it here!"

Zane shouted while pointing the shoe rack located beside the door, while Jayce is removing his own shoes to put it on the said rack.

"I'm toooooooo tired Zane. Please spare me some time."

Ritmo replied, you can say that he is really tired, but Zane don't want to believe it because he knows that Ritmo is good at acting.

"Nooooo! Get up, the dust on your shoes will not spare us time, it is not like you are the one who swipes the dust off afterward."

Zane drag Ritmo to the shoe rack to force him to remove his shoes and put it on the rack, even though Ritmo keeps on complaining while being dragged, he got no choice since he is not the one who cleans their unit frequently. Actually if they will be ranked in terms of being diligent in cleaning the house, Zane will be the first, Jayce who just started sweeping the floor right before he remove his shoes is the second; but in reality he is never that kind of a person when they live together on the first place, Jayce just adjusted his life style for Zane, because he keeps on nagging them during that time, which he understand because Zane is an introvert who loves to stay inside the house, on the third spot is Henry, not because he is not that industrious but because he is so busy with his works that he stayed inside his room almost all of the time, and of course the last is Ritmo, he has no excuse about it, he is just lazy.

Their unit is noisy and chaotic again as usual, while Zane is nagging Ritmo and Ritmo keeps on complaining to Zane, Jayce is minding his own business, busy sweeping the floor like he is on his own world. The chaos will usually remain for a long period of time but it all stopped when their phones started to ring; it is a notification that Henry just chatted on their group chat. Jayce opened their group chat named "The handsomeness of Ritmo" which Ritmo obviously named it like that and his friends stopped giving a damn about it since he keeps on naming it like that if they tried to rename it.

"'I will be staying on Lean's place for the weekend since my aunt insisted me to. -_-'"

Jayce read it out loud and looked at Zane after it, not because he knows that Zane likes Henry but because Henry is the one who supposed to bring a takeout meal for them, and now he is not going home, they will have to either buy outside or cook, and since it is already late at night and there will be no open restaurant at the moment they will have to rely on Zane, since he is the only one who knows to cook.

"Ok fine I will cook"

Zane said voluntarily since he knows what Jayce is thinking, that they were hungry, Zane let Ritmo's arm go and headed to the kitchen. After Jayce finished sweeping he settled himself on the couch and watch together with Ritmo who just put his shoes into the rack. You can hear the boiling water on the pot as the knife chops the cabbage on top of the chopping board; Zane carefully put all of the ingredients on the boiling water and waited a minute to finish the dish.

"It's done, time to eat!"

Zane said right after he tasted the dish he just made, Jayce and Ritmo quickly got up and headed to the table just right before Zane put the pot on top of it.