Chapter 17: Tanaga

-In our country, we have our own version of poem. Just like how Japan has haiku, we have tanaga. A culture of writing a quatrain poem with seven syllables each line. Despite of being short, the poem contains knowledge about something. The old version of tanaga doesn't have titles, since the people believe that the poem should speak for itself, the poem should not depend on a title to express its meaning. I adore the poem, it doesn't need so many words to express, and its essence is enough. Unlike me who can't show his feelings in neither using both words and actions. Sadly our generation doesn't pay that much attention in the culture of tanaga. How I hope that tanaga will be known worldwide. Zane

It is about time for Zane's visitor to come. Ritmo and Jayce are almost done decorating and arranging his living room. Vince and Henry are now serving all of the dishes they've cooked for almost half a day. Zane, the owner of the unit, is just sitting in front of the mini table located in the middle of the living room, since all of them want Zane to just relax. This is his first time throwing a party and even though it can only be considered as a small gathering, his friends know that he is feeling nervous right now. Also they know that when he is nervous, he tends to nag them, and no one can't afford to handle him while they are busy trying to finish all of the work in time, so it is much better to let him sit there to compose himself.

Thankfully their plan work, they finish all of the work in time. But as soon as they all sat in the living room; since they already finished all of the preparation, Nath and Alex are already in front of the door. Not a second have pass since they take their break and they already heard them knocking at the door. Indeed it can be a bad timing for all of them, the four of them are feeling lazy to get up and open the door and Zane is already nervous so he is not an option for them to choose. All of them are still silent, trying to wait and hope that one of them will volunteer to open the door, but no one did. The knocking continued and it gets louder and louder.

"Uuuugh Ritmo can you open the door."

Jayce said irritatingly.

"Why me? I am also tired!"

Ritmo complained.

"Just gooooo! Among all of us you are the one who always open the door when we were still living together right."

Henry said while forcing Ritmo to stand up. Soon, Jayce joined Henry, making Ritmo unable to fight back. Failing to protest, Ritmo just stand and head towards the door to welcome the visitor. He was ready to welcome them with a smile, just like a receptionist. But as soon as Ritmo and Nath saw each other, their smile started to fade and the atmosphere started to became tense. The last time they met, they ended up shouting at each other, so it is reasonable for them to not get comfortable. Ritmo is feeling guilty of what he did and Nath is still mad at him. But now is not the right time to for them to argue, and Ritmo knows that, so he forced a smile and act like nothing happened as he leads both Nath and Alex inside. Nath felt the same so she just ignored him as she grabs Alex's arm as they enter. Both Alex and Nath were amazed with the vibe in Zane's living room. It is not her first time to see Zane, actually Nath already knew about Zane since she saw him when she visited her brother's condo and she knows that Zane is not a party person, so she is not expecting something in the said party. Honestly she just comes with her friend out of respect, since she was informed that they were invited. But right now as she roams her eyes to inspect the whole place, decorated by balloons and other stuffs, she knows that it is not Zane's idea to throw a party, which is right, since it is Jayce and Ritmo's.

The light was turned off and the only thing that helps them to see each other are the disco lights and the fairy lights which are on top of the table and hanging at the walls respectively. The whole living room is like a bar because of the decorations, the only thing that is missing is a loud booming music as a background.