Chapter 7: Fleeting Emotion

-Fleeting emotion is the worst of all. Remember your excitement when you watch a movie for the first time, but as you repeatedly watch it the emotion you felt is slowly fading? It is also like when you have new clothes or things, your happiness will eventually fade when time goes by. This kind of emotion can be considered as fake, causing people to be confused and hurt in the end. This fleeting emotion is one of the reasons why many people are afraid to be committed; they are afraid that like those new things, the emotion of their partner will soon fade. It is painful to think that the emotion you felt with others will soon be gone.-

Zane is watching Jayce and his sister argue in the middle of the living room. He is at Jayce's unit since he has no place where he can stay for the night. He can't go back to their condominium since Henry requested him to not to. Although it is uncomfortable to stay at his friend's unit especially in this kind of situation; when Jayce's sister is throwing a fit, he don't have a choice.

"You now that I will not agree to your terms Nath."

Jayce said while looking at his sister who is currently sitting at the floor like a child who didn't receive what she wants.

"Comeeee oooon! It will be a good experience for me; I will be able to have an insight to my future university."

Nath insisted. She wants to attend the University tour that will be held at Jayce's University soon.

"No! Last time you went to my University you got harassed by a random guy."

Jayce said. Going to the event was ok for Jayce right before Nath came to him crying because some random guy molested her. During that time he was very mad that he almost reported it to the police. But since Nath don't want their parents to know about it, she pretended that she forgot the culprit's face. He is just worried that the same thing will happen to her if she will attend to the upcoming event.

"It will not happen again. I am with my friend this time."

Nath insisted.

"Do you think that your friend can protect you? What if both of you will be molested this time?"

Jayce said assuming that Nath's friend is a girl. It was a wrong move for Nath since her brother's worries grows bigger, and she can see it on his face. She knows that his brother is very protective and she can't blame him. Ever since they were young, she knows that his brother is a very loving and loyal person in terms of his friends and families.

"My friend is a guy."

Nath replied hoping that it will make her brother convinced.

"What?!"

Jayce shouted. That is actually Nath's last hope but she failed. Her brother thinks that it is even worst. Jayce suspects "that guy" to be Nath's boyfriend causing their conversation to extend. Because of the quarrel of the siblings, Zane just fell asleep at the living room. It is too late when Jayce noticed the presence of Zane which made him guilty for his poor hospitality. That night, Nath and Jayce didn't end their conversation with a conclusion since Nath walked out.

After that incident Zane tried to go back to his lifestyle right before Jayce and Ritmo move out. He is no longer doing his work with Henry at their working place; he also stayed in his room for almost all of the time. Henry noticed it and felt lonely, since he is getting used to Zane's presence every time he work. There was this time when he thought that he is still working with Zane, but then he realized that he is not when no one answers his question. He thought that maybe Zane just wants to be alone since he is an introvert on the first place; so he let it be, even though sometimes he just wants to knock on Zane's door.