Chapter 11: Pathfinder

-Sometimes in our life, we will find our self, facing two roads; not knowing what to do, since we get use to walk on a straight path, so when it splits, we felt confuse. Many of us will take time between those roads, afraid of failing to choose the right way. But there will be always that someone who will help us, someone who will make us brave, and someone who is wiser, for us to take our first step; just like a pathfinder.-

It is Sunday morning; Zane woke up again because of the sound of knocking in his unit's door. Ever since he moved, his neighbor keeps on knocking to welcome him, but he is too shy to face them so he always ignores them. Even though it is a little bit bothersome for him, he thinks that it is the best solution. He covered his ears using a pillow as he tries to sleep again.

"I guess he is still sleeping, why we need to visit him early morning by the way. Maybe we should go back next time"

A familiar voice said causing Zane to jump out of his bed once he realized that it was Jayce.

"Awwww. But we are already here, just knock hard. Zane is not a heavy sleeper."

Another familiar voice said. Zane was about to open the door but when he realized that Jayce is with Ritmo, he was stopped. He is not ready yet to face him, that is why he is confuse; why did Jayce brings Ritmo to his condo unit.

"We should not bother him, just because you want to say sorry, come on. Let's just go back next time."

Jayce replied to Ritmo. The time Zane heard it, he reconsider his thoughts. Soon enough, he opens the door when he heard their footsteps as they started to leave. Ritmo and Jayce heard the door open, which makes them look back. Ritmo let a huge smile as a sign of relieve, at last he can say sorry and explain his side to Zane.

"Zane! Oh my, i missed you dude. Oh no! I don't know how to start, but I just want to say sorry."

Ritmo said, making Zane look at Jayce with confusion. Jayce on the other hand, approach him.

"I only told him about the bet, I didn't mention the fact that you are indeed, in love with Henry."

Jayce whispered to Zane.

"Hey, Jayce can you move aside first. I want to apologize to Za-"

Before Ritmo completed his sentence, Zane interrupted him.

"Let's go inside first."

Zane said as he moves aside at the door way to make space for them to enter. Both Jayce and Ritmo are about to head inside, but they were stopped as they heard the door open from the other unit located beside Zane's place. It was his neighbor, who keeps on knocking his door. The neighbor started to go outside of his unit as soon as he heard Ritmo and Jayce.

"Oh! You are the one at the concert!"
Zane said while pointing his finger to his neighbor who just got outside to check them.

"Ow. You are the one who struggle in the middle of the crowd. Such a small world, I never expect to see you again. So you are my new neighbor huh? My name is Vince."

Vince said as he offers a handshake to Zane. Ever since he saw Zane at the concert, Vince wanted him to meet Zane, since he can see his old self to Zane.

"O-ow, nice meeting you."

Zane said as he accepts the handshake. Jayce and Ritmo are intrigue about Vince. Zane never had a friend beside the three of them, and seeing him recognizing a stranger is quite peculiar for them.

"Woah woah woah. Wait a minute. Zane are you ok? Dude are you sick?"

Ritmo said as he gets in between Vince and Zane; trying to check Zane's temperature on his forehead. Ritmo noticed that Zane is so comfortable shaking Vince's hand, and it is not common for him to see it. Honestly, Zane didn't know- what is the reason why he finds it comfortable to talk to Vince, even though this is their first time talking to each other. He feels like he met his long lost brother.