nine

amelie's pov.

i wake up the next day to hear footsteps and mumbling. when my eyes open, i see mads and nessa looking over me. what the fuck is happening. my eyebrows furrow and my face fills with confusion as i rub my eyes, expecting them to disapear.

"hey" nessa sighs, pushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"hi?" i almost ask, so confused on everything that is currently happening.

"listen, i know who did this to you but i don't think i can tell you and i just really want to tell you how sorry i am" nessa rambles, her words all coming out far too fast.

i let out a small giggle at her for being so nervous, i've never seen her like this.

"we're sorry" mads sighs, looking down.

"for what?" i question, still needing a little clarification.

"for everything" nessa confirms, sending me a hopeful smile which i return.

forgiving them is easy because i understand what made them that way. we've both been cruel to each other and so if she's ready to forgive then so am i.

"i'm sorry for everything too" i reply, taking both of their hands. they both grin at me, clearly happy to have made up.

"what are you going to say to dixie?" i ask after being informed she is also awake.

"a lot" nessa sighs, feeling ashamed about her actions and who she was as a person.

i give them both a hug as we say goodbye and they head to dixie. not long after them though a nurse walks into my room, she has a bright smile on her face, bringing me hope.

"hi" i smile at her.

"hello amelie" she replies, taking our her clip board, standing at the bottom of my bed.

"what's the verdict then" i ask, slightly scared for what she might say.

"both you and dixie are out of here tonight" she beams at me, watching my eyes light up.

i throw my arms up and let out a squeal, happy to get home to my own bed, the nurse hugs me before standing up to go and tell dixie. i hear cheering from the room next door indicating she's just as exciting as i am.

six pm.

i gather all of my items up, ready to leave this hospital. nessa is picking both me and dixie up, this is something i would've never imagined would happen. dixie had to constantly reassure me that we'd be alright, everything seemed genuine so far. when we get inside i give nessa dixie's address first as she lives closest to the hospital, it only being a ten minute drive.

when we arrive i watch dixie's dad run out and embrace her in a hug instantly, we both give them a little wave before heading to my apartment. just as i'm about to get out of the car, i pause to ask nessa a question.