TEN

what do y'all wanan see in this book bc idk where I'm going with it anymore

"Hey kei." I said throwing my apron around my waist. "Hey em. Back table." She said pouring a drink.

"Hi I'm Emily what can I get y'all today?"

~

After a few hours of bring out food and just waiting on tables I sat behind the counter and took a sip of a water. "Your kooks are here." Kei  said rolling her eyes.

"Rafe what are you doing here?" I asked standing up grabbing 3 menus. "You said to come visit you. And I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He said kissing my temple. I smiled at the boy. I felt guilty. Topper similed at me sleepishly and I sighed.

"Y'all can pick a table I'll be right over." I siad smiling at the boys who walked over to a table.

"Someone's got a crush." Kei said hurting my shoulder. "He's my boy-"

"No topper." She cut me off and I groaned and banged my head on the table. "What?" She asked.

I looked over at the boys and back at kei. "Me and topper kissed last night." she shifted and patted my back "kissing a minor. Very nice Emily." I glared at her "I'm with Rafe, I'm not going to get with his 16 year old friend."

She rolled her eyes at me "we'll tell him that." I looked over to the boys were topper was staring at me and i groaned and rubbed my face. "Wish me luck."

I walked over to the boys and smiled. "What can I get y'all to drink?"

~

"Thank you for lunch." Rafe said putting his hands on my hips. "I'll see you tonight?" I asked. He nodded and I quickly kissed him. "Now go I'm at work." I laughed. "Bye Kelce bye topper." I said waving to the boys as they walked out the door. After they left I let out a big sigh.

"Hey sorry I forgot my phone." Topper said walking behind me while I was cleaning the table. "Your good." I said continuing to clean up. "Hey about last-" topper started and I waved my hand to stop him. "Listen whatever it was it's over okay? I like rafe, heck I'm in love with him. I'm not about to get with his underaged best friend." Topper nodded and smiled "he loves you too I'm sure." He grabbed his phone and walked out and I let out another sigh.

"Now you gotta tell rafe." Kei said grabbing plates from the table. "I love him or the kissing?" I asked. "Both." I scoffed "yeah in what order?" She shrugged and walked to the back. Tonight was going to be Ruff.

~

"Thanks." I mumbled to John b as he handed me a cup. I took a sip and stood next to him as he filled up other people's cup.

"Hey babe." Rafe said walking up next in line and handing John b his cup, not even making eye contact with my brother. He leaned down and kissed me and I smiled at the boy. "How are you tonight?" I asked. He nodded and grabbed the drink back. I raised an eyebrow at the boy. "What?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "Thank you bubba." I said glaring at my boyfriend. "Oh thanks man." He said and John b nodded at the boy.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked him hitting my finger on my cup nervously.

"Sure." He said and threw his arm around me as we started walking. "What's up?"

"It's about last night." I started.

"If it's about the cocaine I'll stop." Wow he was such a good boyfriend. It made me feel more guilty. A tear came out of my eye from the nerves. "Hey hey don't cry." Rafe said putting his hand on my face and wiped the tear. "Me and Topper kissed." I said looking down at the ground. His hand fell of my cheek and he laughed alittle "what?" He asked. I looked back at the ground "no no you look up at me." He yelled at me. I flinched and looked at the boy. I had tears flowing down my face and he had them in his eyes.

"With topper? Really?" He asked almost begging for me to say it was a joke.

I wiped some of my tears "I didn't mean anything." He scoffed "it it didn't mean anything then why kiss him? You dirty pogue! You just go around in the circle huh? Finally got to me and then move on to topper. Kelce next?" I shook my head at the boy. "I-I love you rafe." I choked out.

He scoffed at me and started to turn around. "My best friend Emily." He siad his voice breaking. He waved his hand at me and walked away. "What ever we were, a joke, a bet whatever. It's over."