EIGHTEEN

Also after I finish this book do y'all want a  JJ, Rudy, Austin or Drew etc. book next?

"You have a good birthday?" John b asked as I walked in the house. I hummed in response and jumped on the couch next to him. "Look." I said holding up my hand as John b took a sip of his drink.

He choked and spit out his drink coughing. "Rafe is not about to be my dad."

I rolled my eyes and slapped his head. "I didn't get engaged dork. It's the ring I wanted. The one that looks like the one dad proposed to mom with?"

He grabbed my hand and looked at the ring "Rafe get it for you?" I nodded and smiled and leaned my head on my brothers shoulder.
"You really like him don't you?"

"He's the one bubba."

He looked down at me "like the the one?"

I smiled. "The one."

~~~~
1 year later

"You are not going out like that." My brother looked at me crossing his arms. I looked down at my dress and looked back up to John.

"What's wrong with it?" It wasn't even short or anything. It was fine.

"Nothing I'm just playing. Have a good night." He laughed and patted my back. I slapped his shoulder and laughed. John b smiled knowingly at me.

I grabbed my purse and walked out the door and hoped in Rafes truck. "Don't you look gorgeous tonight." He muttered kissing me.

He was oddly quite on the way to the beach. Once a week, on every Thursday, me and rafe drove down to the beach and sat in the trunk bed together.

He pulled on the beach and I grabbed his hand and looked at him "You okay?" He nodded "yeah. I'm good."

I grabbed my blanket and got out of the truck Following rafe who was putting down the tailgate. I hoped on it and pulled I'm the blanket over me.

Rafe sat next to me and I put my head on his shoulder. He wasn't as talkative as he normally was. Usually On our little beach night dates he talks my ear off about anything and everything.

"Emily." He said and I looked at him tears wanting to form. "Oh crap." I muttered. I didn't  want to break up with him right now. I didn't want to have this conversation right now.

He stood up off the tail gate and I stood up too. "Rafe." I mumbled. He looked at me and smiled nervously. "Emily I don't want you as my girlfriend anymore." My heart shattered. Tears formed on my eyes and I looked up at him. "Wait wrong chose of words." He said rubbing his face. "First tine doing this. Um." He grabbed my hands and looked at me.

"I-I love you Emily. And i don't want you to be my girlfriend, I want you to be my wife."
Rafe got down on one knee and opened up alittle box. "Emily Rutledge will you marry me?"

The tears really flowed as I nodded and smiled at the man I loved. He stood up and out the ring on my finger on top of the old one he gave me forever ago.

I pulled him in for a kiss still smiling and crying. "I love you." He said. "I love you too."

I hit the back of his head and he rubbed it "ow!" I laughed "I thought you were breaking up with me! Give me a heart attack."

He laughed and leaned in for a kiss, smiling.
"I would never"

~
1 year later

"White isn't my color." I mumbled looking in the mirror. Sarah laughed at me and put her hands on my shoulder. "You look beautiful."

I was so nervous for today. The day where I married my best friend.
Sarah must have seen my worried look and out her head on my shoulder. Ever since me and rafe and my brother and her have been together, a new friendship came with it.
"He's more going to say I don't or runaway em." She said "he loves you."

I sighed and patted my hair trying not to mess it up. "Your right. Your right. I have no need to worry."

Kei looked up from her phone from the couch. "Yeah stop worrying."

I let out a shaky breath and flattened out my dress. "Okay. Okay. I'm all good."

"She's totally freaking out." Kei stated. "100%" Sarah agreed.

I huffed and turned towards them. "You both aren't helping!"

Sarah sighed and rubbed her face. "You love my brother right?" I looked at her like she was stupid. "I wouldn't be in this position if I wasn't in love with him."

"Then there's no need to be nervous."

"Ready?"

I nodded.