SEVENTEEN

"Emily? Emily!" a voice called from the hallway I almost rolled my eyes at him.  "Sir please come back. Visiting hours are over." A voice yelled following rafe.
I laughed.

I climbed out my bed and peaked my head out the door. "Rafe stop." I laughed looking at rafe argue with a nurse.

"Emily!" He said and turned towards the nurse "your lucky I don't sue."

"Baby what happened?" He said walking to t door putting his hands on my face. "Oh I just broke my arm." I said with a crooked smile holding up my arm. "Oh baby." He muttered and pulled me into a hug and kissed my head. "I'm fine rafe really."

He picked me up and cared me to the bed "Rafe I broke my arm not my legs."

"Just rest okay?" He said and I rolled my eyes at him as he at me down. "Rafe you know I'm free to leave right? I was waiting for you." He looked at me "oh. Well them come on!"

I laughed at the boy and swung out of the bed. Rafe threw his arm around my waist and we walked out of the hospital. "Happy birthday." He said as he opened up my door of his car. I leaned up and kissed his lips. "Thank you."

I looked at the time and saw it was almost 7. "Do I need to go home and change?" I asked him looking down at my rugged clothes and bathing suit. "Nope." He asked. I looked at him suspiciously "I thought we were going to eat?" He looked at me and smiled "trust me em."

~

He pulled up to a hotel and I glared at him. "This is a hotel." He rolled his eyes "what did I say?" I sighed and nodded "fine."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into to hotel. "Charles." He said nodding at the front desk man who looked bored. He threw rafe a key and rafe gave him some money. He pulled my hand to the elevator and hit the top floor. "You didn't bring me to hook up on my birthday did you rafe?" I mumbled as the doors closed. "Because if so I'd hate to be a disappointment but." He cut me off. "No I didn't. Just trust me."

Once the doors opened rafe stepped out and walked towards the only door and put in the key. He opened up the door and cool air came out.

I stepped out and realized we were on the roof and I awed looking at the sun setting. "Wow."
I muttered walking towards the edge. "Not to close." Rafe muttered pulling me back alittle. I smiled at the boy "thank you." I said kissing him.

He grabbed my hand and led me to a blanket on the ground. "I don't know how to cook so I just got take out." He said pulling out boxes of food. "Take out is my favorite." I smiled grabbing one. "I know." He whispered.

Me and rafe at our take out and watched the sun set. It was cheesy sure. Our whole story was. Two people from the opposite side of the tracks, pretend to be in love for pure benefit only to actually fall in love. It was the love story that was written in books and shown in movies.

"Which one you want?" Rafe asked holding out two fortune cookies. I grabbed one and broke it open eating the cookie and rafe did the same.

"What's yours say?" I asked him. "Good luck will come in personal life." He snorted. "Yours?"

I looked at the paper and smiled "To love and be Loved is like feeling the sun from both sides."

"Well I love you." Rafe stated "and I love you too." I smiled and kissed his lips softly. "Sunshine all around me then."

"Present time?" He asked and I sighed rubbing my face. "I told you I didn't want anything."

He smiled and reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue ring box. "I'm to young to get engaged." I mumbled to him. He laughed and shooked his head.

He opens up the box and I almsot gasped looking at the ring I wanted for so long. "It's uh a promise ring. Emily I know that I love you and I-I think no I know your the one. I'm committed to you. That is if you feel the same."

I smiled at the boy and pulled him in for a long kiss. "Always."

He smiled and grabbed the ring out of the box and slipped it on my finger. "I'll replace it one day." He said and I kissed him one more time.

"Thank you baby."

He smiled a rubbed his finger over the ring on my hand.

"I love you Rutledge." He said.

"I love you too Cameron."