chapter 6.

Francesca's pov
"Is that ?" he asked.

"Honey, go back upstairs" I said to prevent her from walking into the situation.

" So that's your daughter ?" he asked.

"Yes she is" I said looking anywhere but his eyes.

He hit the table and shouted "you know what i mean cesca so stop playing dumb. Is she mine?" Harry has really bad anger issues.you can't predict what he will do when he gets angry.

"She's my daughter" I answered him.

"So you are saying you slept with someone else" he shouted.

"Whom i sleep with is none of your business. I said she is my daughter and that is all you need to know".

He closed his eyes "Cesca please, she is five years old. I am not dumb. You left five years ago. So unless you were pregnant before which isn't possible ,please tell me the truth. Dont  you think I deserve to know?. Every child needs a father so please don't deprive her of that. Is she mine? please, don't lie to me" he looked at me with those beautiful grey eyes.

I started feeling guilty of all the times Grey asked about his dad and I kept telling her he's on a trip so he'll be back.

"Mummy is everything alright?" She said walking into the room.

"Baby, mummy has a visitor so please go back to your room. I'll bring the food upstairs" I said.

Harry walked and knelt in front of her "Your name is Grey, right baby girl?".

"Yes it is, Grey fargo" she replied.

"How old are you grey? " he asked. I closed my eyes scared from what is going to happen.

"Who are you?" She asked.

" I'm a close friend of your mum" he said.

"Apart from uncle Sharon and aunt Rhonda, no one else is mommy's friend"she said. Oh God, please give me strength to handle this.

"Besides, mummy said the only person who is allowed to come into our house is either Dad or uncle Sharon and aunt Rhonda." she said folding her arms.

"Oh really" Harry looked at me.

"I've seen you before, you're the man on the picture that mummy has under her pillow. Are you my dad? mummy is he my dad?" She asked.

"Yes Cesca am I her Dad?" he turned to look at me

" Grey,darling, this is not how I wanted you to find out. I wanted to tell you later but since the cat's out of the bag then yeah he is" I said. Wanting to take back every word.

"Hello baby girl, its so nice to finally meet you" Harry said moving to kiss her cheeks.

Grey moved back with a frown on her face." if you are my dad then, where have you been all these years?

where were you when mummy was crying every night before she sleeps?

where were you when mummy would come home every night with scars all over her?

where were you when people would insult us or throw things at us every time we went out?

where were you when grandma died?

where were you when we had nowhere to go and had to sleep at the subway?

where were you dad ,when mummy had to do all those things just to buy food? Where were you dad huh?" She said shouting. She was screaming and talking so fast I didn't realise the tears rolling down her cheeks. I picked her up

"come on baby girl let's go upstairs. I'll bring you your food in a few minutes" I said to her.

As we were going upstairs, she said the one thing no child should ever say to a parent.

" I hate you". I looked back at Harry and saw the pain in his eyes. The last time I saw him in that much pain was when I had a fever. He couldnt bare the thought of me in pain I placed her in bed.

" Baby girl stay here, I'll just talk things out with him" I kissed her and went downstairs. I saw him kneeling down with his head in his palm.

"Whats she talking about cesca" he raised his head and  tears rolled down his cheeks .

"Well if you want to know. The day you threw me out, I came to tell you that I was pregnant but I couldn't because you wouldn't listen to me.

So after you threw me out I had nowhere to go than back to my mum's house. When I arrived, she told me she was sick with cancer and  since there was no money for surgery, she had no time left.

She was sacked from work because she was always fainting and they didn't want a sick person working for them." I said with tears in my eyes " I had to sell all my clothes, jewellery and everything to get the money for her but it wasn't enough. I went to my friends for help but Cindy told me that I'm no longer her friend and that she has no dime for me and Henry threw me out and said I was a beggar" I said crying.

"I had no choice, I started begging people as they passed by and it was horrible. People would either throw things at me or laugh at me and call me a beggar.I was stressed out so much I forgot about my pregnancy and fainted a few times.

I took mum to the hospital cause it was getting worse. They gave her some drugs to slow it down but said If I don't come up with the money for surgery soon theybwont be able to save her. I saw a man who offered me a job at the hospital to earn more money and I took it cause I was desperate." I said.

"What job" he asked.

" What do you think? I needed money and no one was going to offer me a job since you didn't let me continue my education  and I had no certificate so my only choice was using my body to gain money. But I was too late, mum had died by the time I came up with all the money. After mums burial, I gave birth to Grey but we still needed money for food and for her school so I continued my Job and that's how I met Sharon who saved me from that life" I said crying.

I saw him crying and chuckled "you have no right to cry. everything is your fault. I left my mum and friends for you. I lost all of them because of you. I lost my house, we had to sleep on the streets, I got raped, beaten so dont you fucking cry" I shouted.

" Cesca please.." He cried.

"Get out!! Nobody wants you here so get out ". He stumbled as he left.

I closed the door on him as he turned to talk. I run upstairs to Grey's room and saw her sleeping. I climbed in bed with her. "I've got you baby girl, I love you so much ." I kissed her forehead and slept with her in my arms.

_______________________________________________

😭😭I can't believe she went through all of that.

Please don't forget to vote. And I promise to update every week