Epilogue

"Happy New Year's Eve everybody!" Opal said into the mic. In her head, she was still surprised Pastor Reynolds asked her to sing for the New Year's Ever celebration service. She was so excited. "How many of you know, that going into this new year, what's yours belongs to you?" She asked the congregation. "Whatever it is you want, you can have it. I said whatever it is you want you can have it. Whatever you need, you can have it. Look at your neighbor and say it's yours." She said before beginning to sing It's Yours by Jekalyn Carr. The musicians followed her lead as she sang, the choir singing behind her. She started ministering through the song, as she did best.

Most people would say the church was alive and jumping that night as they brought in the new year. Opal loved ministering, she loved singing, but mostly, she loved bringing in the presence of God. She loved the feeling of using music to bless the people. She loved everything about it. She couldn't help but thank God for how far she, her boyfriend, and her cousin came. Her cousin now being assistant pastor along with still being the youth pastor, her boyfriend finding a job being the town's pool cleaner, and her being the leader of the adult choir. She had no one else to thank but God. She just knew her mother had to be smiling from heaven to see her daughter freer than ever and finally able to breathe without so much holding her down.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Short epilogue, but it is a perfect end to this story. I have enjoyed this story dearly and I am definitely going to have to go back and read this myself in my spare time. I just love the story line of it all. I decided to leave a link to all the songs mentioned in this story in case you want to check them out. They will be in the next part. Thank you for all of you that read all way through. Your support means so much to me! I hope this story spoke to at least one person. Well, let me get these links and then turn in at 4:32 am. Thanks again for taking the time out of your day to read my book. Stay blessed, love y'all, and I will see you all in the next book. Bye!

- RoyalThaGoddess