Chapter 2

Pip stood excitedly by the gate, waiting for it to open enough for him to slip through. Krey stopped him before he went. "You have your phone, yes?"

"Yes." Pip patted it in his pocket.

"You'll keep me updated, yes?"

Pip nodded.

"From the first sign of trouble," Krey spoke to his Omegas, "you'll bring him straight back here."

"Yes Alpha," they said in unison.

Krey was as satisfied as he could be. He hugged Pip and whispered, "I don't mean to be so controlling, I'm just worried about you."

"I know." Pip squeezed him tighter. "I'll see you in a few hours."

Krey stared hard at Sid who agreed to go too. Sid had been sat with blue hair dye on when Krey stormed into his bedroom and made him wash it off, so he could go with Pip. Sid was excited about leaving the Packhouse. Many wolves had grown restless, though it wasn't just Crescent Pack who were on edge.

"Don't worry," Sid said to Krey on his way out. "He won't leave my sight."

"He better fucking not," Krey growled, irritated that he wouldn't allow himself to go with Pip. Krey had worked hard to get the Packhouse ready for his wolves, and he had to defend it with all his might. Krey wouldn't take the embarrassment if southern wolves managed to invade his home twice.

Pip waved goodbye and happily bounced down the natural footpath. Sid hurried after him, leaving Krey to watch them until the gate shut and blocked his view.

Pip was so pleased to have new scenery. The woods were full of wildflowers, leaves, moss, animals, and warmth. The sun poked through the leaves and he woods looked magical. Pip grinned the entire way to the town.

Pip felt giddy when he saw the old streets. But Sid stopped him before Pip stepped into view. He sniffed the air. "We've stationed wolves here for months now. There was a death almost three months ago, a rogue wolf death just on the outside of our territory. Krey didn't tell you because he didn't want you to worry, but I think you should know the real reason as to why Krey is so on edge."

"A rogue wolf?" Pip knew there were a few free-spirited wolves who didn't want to live with packs. Rogue wolves were more frowned upon. Rogue wolves paid no respect to packs territories and ventured where they pleased, leaving a trail of destruction behind them.

"Yes, so it'll be a good thing to keep your guard up, okay?"

Pip nodded. "I like your hair by the way."

"Thank you, though I think the colour would have been a bit more vibrant if Krey let me keep it on for longer," Sid sighed, tugging on a short blue strand, trying to see it.

"I think he felt better knowing that you were coming too."

"That makes me very proud," Sid grinned, smoothing down his t-shirt. He then turned to the Omegas and motioned for them to split up. "I'll give you the space to do the things you need to do, but I'll be very close if you need me. Just say my name and I'll be with you."

"Okay." Pip now felt a little anxious about being at the town, especially after the fuss the wolves gave him, but Pip was also excited. Seeing the old cobble streets brought back plenty of nostalgic memories.

Pip stepped from the trees and into the sunshine. He avoided the street that was home to his aunt and uncle and decided to visit crescent café first. Pip walked down the backstreets and soon spotted a light blue sign and smiled to himself. Werewolves were all around him, Pip knew they were there, but when he looked around, he couldn't see anyone. They were good at hiding in plain sight.