Chapter 11

"You dreamt about my office, again?" Krey asked, following his mate to the canteen. Pip helped with breakfast a few times a week. He never missed a Friday.

"Yes, it was pretty much a recurring dream. Jordan was trying to push me from the window again, only this time you were there, but you were more focused on fixing your dad's lamp." Pip scratched the back of his neck with a chuckle. "Dreams are odd."

"If you dream about that again, tell me to kill him."

"I did, you didn't listen." Pip entered the canteen kitchen and said hello to some of the Omegas. "But don't worry. Dreams are dreams, they don't portray what's real anyway."

"Don't dreams sometimes mean something? Like if you dreamt your teeth were falling out, you were worried about your health?" Francis asked, adding to their conversation.

Krey turned to face her, and Francis shrank under his glare. "What are you doing here so early?"

"I managed to get the Shadow Pack on the phone, and I knew you'd walk Pip to the canteen. They're on the phone now."

"Who is it? Saphine or Brandon?"

"It's Victoria."

"Thank god," Krey muttered and kissed Pip's temple. He could cope with talking to Victoria. Saphine and Krey butted heads by being two powerful Alpha wolves, and Saphine always found a way to bring up the time Krey dropped the wolf from his roof. "I'll see you at lunchtime," he said lowly, looking Pip up and down. He wore jeans with rips at the knees and an oversized dark green hoodie with a brown wolf's head embroidered on the front. Krey tugged on Pips drawstrings, then left.

He was feeling rather needy and wondered if a full moon was approaching. Krey had noticed patterns in his affection depending on the moon cycles. A full moon meant that Krey would be clingy and wanted to be in his wolf form and rub his scent all over Pip. He also got very territorial over him. Krey toned it down the best he could, but sometimes he growled at other wolves for even looking at Pip.

He stormed to his office and turned the Pack phone on loudspeaker. "Victoria?" Krey said.

"Hey!" she chirped on the other end. Krey could picture her overbearing grin and blonde curls shaping her face.

"I'm phoning to ask how the Shadow Pack is getting on in the South," he said bluntly.

"Oh, you know how it is. Southern wolves are still very sceptical of the Pack. I've told mum to sell the land to another pack and come back, but she's adamant that splitting the pack between North and South will eventually bring peace."

Krey scoffed. "If the North and South ever come together, I'll dye my wolf blue."

Victoria laughed, and Krey relaxed. They had always gotten on well, even when they were younger and Krey was at his worst. "How's Pip?"

"He's okay."

"Just okay?"

"The locals at Crescent Town are making it hard for him to forget the death of his parents. The Police there don't care about our peace treaty." Krey thought about mentioning the odd journal situation, and how Jordan forged his father's writing, but he didn't know who could be listening in on Victoria's end.

"Poor thing. Have they mentioned Mark's dad's death?"

Krey scowled at the thought of his mate's bully. Krey wished he had gotten rid of Mark when he had the chance. The only thing standing in his way was Victoria. "A few times, but they were more focused on Pip."

"Mark went to see his mother last month. She freaked out on him and screamed at me like she knew who I was, but she's just not well. His poor mother is a broken woman."