Chapter 76

Krey tensed and ground his jaw. He had expected Saphine to share the news about her brother coming back from the dead, but he hadn't expected her to crawl back so soon. "Send them away," he grumbled.

"No. Let's hear what Saphine has to say."

Krey turned to his father, frowning deeply. "Why?"

"She might want to apologise for the way she treated you."

Even Pip looked a little sceptical.

"She's been a bitch to me for years. She's had plenty of time to apologise for that," Krey said, pulling away from the table. He didn't want to meet them. Seeing Victoria would have been tolerable, but he didn't want to risk seeing Mark.

"Krey, I have to tell Mark about his parents," Pip said before he stomped away.

"I'll uh..." The Omega glanced from his old Alpha to his new Alpha, then back to Roden. "I'll let them wait in a meeting room."

"No," Krey boomed. "They can go home."

"No, we can hear them out," Roden said, eyes trained on his son.

To Pip's surprise, Krey backed down. He slumped in his seat and crossed his arms. "Let me talk to Mark, then we can go on a walk in the woods," Pip said, tugging on Krey's bicep.

The Omega scurried away to guide their guests to the meeting room.

Krey tried to clear his tension. He didn't want guests when he was still vulnerable with emotions from his father being alive.

Pip eventually pulled Krey into an empty corridor, trying his best to smile through his anxiety. "I'll tell Mark, then we can leave them all to talk. You don't have to be there for it. Makena can handle Saphine."

Krey picked at the nail on his thumb. "Francis should stay with your parents. I don't trust Mark to be around them. He's spiteful."

"Good point. Bethan can be with them too."

Pip tugged anxiously at his hoodie when his parents and Krey's parents left the canteen. They walked in an uncomfortable silence to the meeting room.

Mark had made himself at home, sitting with his feet on the table. Victoria stood by him while Saphine, Brandon, and two other men stood by the large windows. All eyes planted firmly to Roden, the once most powerful Alpha in the North, now clinging to his mate to keep him on his feet, wearing loose clothes where his muscles once struggled against the fabric.

Victoria was the first to clasp hands over her mouth and run to him. Roden accepted her hug and ruffled her blonde curls.

Victoria's two older brothers had visited for the first time in years to see for themselves if the rumours were true. They awkwardly shook Roden's hand, concealing their shock behind thin mouths.

Victoria hugged Pip, then clung to Krey for longer than usual. "Incredible," she whispered. "Isn't this incredible?"

Krey nodded when her green eyes poured into his.

Mark didn't get up to greet Pip or Krey or even Makena and Roden. He did, however, turn two shades lighter when Pip's parents entered the room with Francis and Bethan's help. His eyes almost burst from his sockets.

"We also found my parents in the cave with Krey's dad," Pip said timidly.

"Mark," Julie said with a polite smile. Pip told them about how Mark made his life miserable in Crescent Town. "We never thought we would see you among the wolves."

Pip pursed his lips when Mark took his feet off the table and leaned forwards on his chair. He stared with an open mouth. "M-My dad?" he asked.

Pip's heart ripped through his insides. "I'm sorry," he whispered. "Your dad was killed by the wolves nine years ago."