Chapter 52

Krey kept running, even after losing Pip's scent, and leaving a few Omegas who followed different Rogue scents in different directions. Krey must have followed the wrong Rogue scent because when he found it, the Rogue was alone and sitting on its haunches like it wanted to be found.

This happened twice to Krey before he shifted and made the Rogue shift too. He pinned her into the mud with a glare so ferocious, hell stirred beneath them. "Where the fuck have they gone?" he growled.

She said nothing, so Krey punched her in the face and hauled her off the floor with a bloody nose. He strove her back into the trunk of a tree. She whined in pain. "Where is my mate?"

"Our Alpha has him," she moaned, arching her back and scrunching her eyes in pain.

"She's not your Alpha. She's a human!" an Omega growled. "Where has she taken Pippor?"

The Rogue dared to stay silent again. Krey was so mad that he was ready to kill her on the spot. Claws protruded from his fingers and he lifted a hand to slash across her face, but at the last minute, she screamed, "The bunker!" Krey's hand stalled in the air. His red eyes pulsed in the dimming daylight. "There's a bunker East from here. It goes underground and straight to the South. Our Alpha took him there."

Krey lowered his arm, glancing to his Omegas to see if they knew what she meant. They didn't, but the Rogue spoke up again. "What will I get for helping you?"

Krey stared her dead in the eyes. "A quick death."

An Omega grabbed his arm before he could slice her neck with his long knife-like claws. "She could help us find the bunker. East is awfully unhelpful, Alpha."

He had a point. Krey curtly nodded and the Omega let go of him. "If you guide us to the bunker, I'll think about letting you go." That only meant her life was prolonged until she stopped being useful to him. Krey no longer cared. He would show no mercy until Pippor was back in his arms, safe and happy.

He yanked her from the tree and demanded that she shift back into her wolf. "If you lead us in circles, you'll wish you were never born." His deep voice and dark eyes were a warning. Krey meant every word, and the Rogue knew it.

Krey shifted back to his wolf too, as did his Omegas. Seven were with him, all big and strong and healthy. They made the Rogue look like a pup as they galloped behind like horses chasing a stray dog.

They ran until the moon guided their way, and the stars cheered them on, twinkling in the sky like an anxious audience. Krey remembered the way he had come. He was good at remembering journeys, especially ones as weird as the route to the bunker. They passed large rocks of all sizes, and Krey had a slight whiff of his mate, then they travelled down a valley and through water. Krey sniffed Pip's scent again on a rock sticking above the gushing stream, so he knew they travelled in the right direction.

Though the Rogue moved much slower than what Krey and his pack could run. He felt as though it was on purpose and snapped his sharp teeth around her tail. She yelped and jogged a little faster but would always slow down.

By the time they reached the bunker, night was well on its way, and Pip could be anywhere. Krey sniffed around and caught Pip's scent on a skinny tree trunk. At least he had been in the area, but did he go in the bunker, or was that another distraction?

"What's down there?" he demanded, grabbing the Rogue, so she didn't run.

"A tunnel to the South," she said, shivering from either the cold, hunger, or fear.

"Did Pip go down there?"

"That was the plan."

"What plan?"