Chapter 56

Krey was close to losing the patience he recovered from his last freak out. Pip was missing, but he smelt him, and nobody wanted to speak up about where he had gone, and not even the threat of violence could convince Rogues to talk.

He gripped the front of his hair and stormed from the cave, leaving Saphine's wolves to stand awkwardly with the Rogues. His Omega's followed, wanting to calm Krey down. His eyes pulsed red and he breathed gruffly, trying to keep his wolf down.

Krey knew he would lose control if he shifted to his wolf, so he paced the rocks near the steep route, listening to the rhythmic gushing of the waves a metre below.

"They must know something." Reena sighed, slumping against the sandy rock, glaring out to sea.

"They have to. Pip was here."

Krey rubbed his chest. "He still feels close... ish. Phone the Pack and tell them to guard the bunker in case they're going back North."

Reena phoned them, and the other werewolves plucked up the courage to ask, "Why is Saphine's Beta not doing anything? She's just standing there."

"I don't trust her," Krey muttered. "I don't trust any of them."

"I wish we brought more of our Omegas."

Krey stood tall and surprised the Omega by resting a heavy hand on his shoulder. "We'll stay focused and we'll stay together. We haven't spent the past year and nine months training hard for nothing. If this goes sour, we can handle it." His Pack members nodded with wide and inspired eyes. "Three of you should stay in your wolf forms."

Three of the largest Omega's shifted. Krey wanted to be in his wolf too, but he had to ask questions and demand that the Rogues told him the truth. "Right, let's go back for another interrogation." He wouldn't stop, not until Pip was back in his arms.

Before Krey could enter the cave, someone hissed between two rocks. His wolves sniffed out a Rogue, hiding by the long climb up to the top of the cliffs. "K-Krey Graymer, isn't it?" the man asked, nervously eyeing the wolves.

"What is it?" Krey snapped.

"My name is Len, um-"

"If this is not about Pippor, fuck off!" Krey clenched his fingers. If Pip were with him, he would've made Krey apologise for his tone, or curled his lips unhappily until Krey noticed.

"It is about Pippor." Len glanced to the mouth of the cave. Saphine's wolves were deep inside, far enough away for him to whisper in confidence. After all, whispers cost lives if they fell on the wrong ears. "I can't say this in front of that Beta wolf, but you can't trust her. You can't trust any of Saphine's pack."

Krey loosened up, now very interested in what he had to say. "Why?"

"The Beta has known about Debra for months. The last time she was here, they talked about Debra being the Southern Alpha. Debra promised the Beta wolf leadership in her Pack for when they take over the North. In return, the Beta promised to keep Debra a secret."

"Not another fucking betrayal," Krey hissed. The turned wolves growled lowly and stood behind Krey, so they could watch the foot of the cave. "Does Saphine know?"

"I don't think so."

"If she does I'll kill her myself." Krey's eyes pulsed red again. He had walked into yet another trap, but maybe Debra didn't expect her Rogues to spill her secrets. "Where the fuck is Pippor?"

Len dropped his gaze. "He's here," he whispered. "H-He offered me a position on your pack if I helped him escape, but-"

Krey grabbed the front of his t-shirt and slammed the Rogue into the cliff. "Where? Tell me now, or-"