Into Trouble

[Extra Long Chapter]

It's been a few days, now. Everything has been going well with the hotel. In fact, quite a few new customers are trickling in. The kitchen's been completely revamped, and Charlie managed to find a chef who provides breakfast for the temporary residents. Alastor has cooked a few of the meals, being a very big fan of venison, of course, they were all deer-related. Well, except for the jambalaya.

The first, second, and part of the third floor are available for use by the public now, and fortunately, there's plenty of space, being that the current number of residents only fills the first floor.

Angel, Alastor, Charlie, and Vaggie went exploring on the very top floors, out of curiosity. They found extra rooms and supplies, as well as a second dining area, for any residents who were closer to the top kitchen. Charlie doubted that the hotel would ever become that full, but just to be sure, she wanted to fix up as much of the hotel as possible. All six of the original hotel members had been working on the hotel, day after day, hours on end. It was hard work and starting to get old.

Angel was never one to work, unless, of course, he was getting paid, or it was his dirty form of work, which he had put down for a while. He hadn't been in a bed with someone for quite a long time. You could say he was somewhat proud of himself. The main reason he agreed to all of this was that Alastor was his partner through it all. They were working, yes, but having Alastor there with him made it much better. They would sing while working, joke around, share treasures that they had found among the trash or the rubble, and sometimes Alastor would even get flirty. Those were Angel's favorite times.

Despite all of this, Angel had had enough. He decided to sneak out at an opportune time and give some sort of excuse to be away.

It didn't turn out well for him.

Angel's POV
I can't stand this place anymore, it's getting old. Despite how many floors it has, I feel like I'm always in the same environment. Charlie doesn't exactly want us out very often, she says the more we're exposed to the world outside of the hotel, the harder it'll be to be rehabilitated. Didn't know she wanted us to be redeemed so fast... figured maybe we'd stick around and help everyone else, but, it's her hotel and her choice. Maybe it's just to make sure we use a "clean" attitude around the hotel guests, maybe I'm thinking about it all wrong. It doesn't matter, I'm used to being told what to do anyway.

I told Alastor I needed a break and some fresh air, which is true, but I didn't tell him the full story. Regardless, he knew exactly what I was thinking. He agreed not to tell the others without me even having to ask. I love him. Technically if I left the hotel after everyone's shift started, no one would know I was gone as long as I came back before their shifts were over. Since Al and I became cleaning buddies, we usually work in our own area for the entire shift. I'm actually a little surprised that Al let me off so easily since it meant he'd be working alone, but I guess he figures I can handle myself, which makes me trust him. We both trust each other immensely.

Everyone's shifts started and I slipped Al a quick kiss before saying goodbye and prancing off. All he said was "be careful," in response. I quietly opened a side door through one of the hallways, not to alert Husk who was usually in the lobby. I shut the door behind me and turned around, letting out a breath of relief to finally be out again. Being cooped up in the hotel is almost as bad as quarantine.

I didn't really know what to do, but being outside of the hotel environment was almost good enough. Usually, when I was out I'd go looking for money, but now, I'd rather just sit in a coffee shop and enjoy my time away from everyone. I had gotten so used to the kind words and happy personalities inside the hotel that I'd forgotten what being out was like.
A shit show if I do say so myself. I expected the occasional flirting and touching from others, but I could easily brush it off. I told them I got a boyfriend now anyway, which didn't make much difference in their eyes, but at least I had a valid excuse.