~||String Info||~

xxxxx

From the moment you were 12 months of age, a red string has been tied around your pinky finger. They call it The Red String of Fate. This string resembles the bond and distance of the person who's on the other end of it, your soulmate.

Your family would often quote this whenever you doubted your soulmate, as a reminder to you:

"The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of time, place or circumstance. This magical cord may stretch or tangle but never break."

You have not forgotten a single word from that phrase, it has stuck to your mind since the first time you heard it.

The string acts based on emotions.

For any positive emotion like happiness, inspiration, amusement, hope, love, etc, the string will loosen but not so much so that it falls off the finger. It's almost like a weight has been lifted from your chest and you loved the feeling.

However for any negative emotion like sadness, anger, jealousy, annoyance, etc, the string will tighten but it won't make the finger turn blue or purple from loss of blood circulation. It hurts like hell everytime though.

The string will tighten or loosen on the person who is not feeling that emotion. It also depends on how much they feel that emotion.

If your soulmate was right in front your face you wouldn't even notice. The string gets tangled and knotted along the way so its hard to tell.

That's why when you first speak to your soulmate the string shines a bright golden-like colour, like the sun, then automatically straightens and will never knot or tangle again. After it shone it'll go back to it's scarlet red colour.

Then those first words you speak to each other will be written in a bold and italic font imprinted somewhere on your body, most likely the place where your soulmate would like to kiss you other than your lips. It serves as a permanent tattoo but it doesn't do much like the string does.

No one can get tangled in the string or cut it because they would just slip right through. The string is visible to others, yes, but acts like a ghost when others touch it. Just not to you or your soulmate. It's basically indestructible.

You would often get tangled in it so you had to watch your step.

It can touch objects just not people or animals. And it can't cause damage to your surroundings.

Strangers encountering your string are not bothered by it as it is common knowledge for few people to have the Red String of Fate.

Others would always gawk at it and tell you how lucky you were to have a definite soulmate.

"You're so lucky!"

"I wish I had one."

"How long is it?"

"Can it break?"

"I'm so jealous."

"Do you ever wonder who it is?"

"Can I touch it?"

"It's so pretty!"

Sometimes you got sick of people praising you and asking questions about it. So you distanced yourself from others, since you thought having friends was pointless.

Something changed on the day you met your best friend Mina Ashido, she had the same scarlet red string on her pinky finger too. With a different soulmate on the other end, of course.

For some reason you felt happy that you weren't alone in this.

xxxxx