Forgiven

Featuring: Fenix/FC

Category: Fluff

Word Count: 625

 "Kiss me and I'll forgive you."

///

He was a tricky little bird that Fenix. I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from grinning like a fool at his flirtatious ways. If I gave him the slightest bit of encouragement I was never going to get rid of him. Not that it looked like he intended on leaving any time soon as he hopped up on the counter next to where I was organizing the layouts for the camera crew.

"Make sure they get my good side," Fenix piped up, leaning over to inspect your work. "That one should go over there. It will get a better angle." He pointed out one of blocks making me frown. I didn't want to admit it but he was right.

"I don't tell you how to jump from the ropes Fenix." I snapped. "Don't tell me how to do my job."

I immediately regretted my harsh words as the light dimmed in Fenix's usually bright eyes and he jumped from the counter.

"Fine." He muttered and walked away without a backwards glance.

The interaction waved heavily on my mind throughout the night. I felt horrible for snapping at him for no reason. He seemed to take it to heart as well, not even glancing in my direction whenever he was in the area.

"Fenix!" I yelled at the end of the night, spotting his retreating form near the exit. "Fenix wait!"

Thankfully he stopped, turning around to watch me run to his side, my breath coming in pants as I tried to catch it.

"What?" He asked bluntly making it clear he was still upset with me.

"I shouldn't have snapped at you. I'm sorry." I told him. "It was uncalled for and I don't have any excuse."

Fenix stared down at me for a long stretch of silence before shrugging.

"Fine. I accept your apology. Goodnight." He turned to leave and I grabbed his arm forcing him to look at me again.

"I really am sorry." I told him again. "Please forgive me. I can't stand the thought of you being mad at me."

"You hurt my feelings." Fenix said.

"I know. And I'm sorry. You have no idea." I told him. "I didn't mean to. I shouldn't have snapped."

I watched his face carefully hoping he would see the sincerity in my eyes and I was thankful to see the usual glimmer of humor returning to his eyes.

"Kiss me and I'll forgive you." Fenix finally said his lips quirking up into his signature smile.

Hiding my own smile I stood on tip toe and kissed his cheek before stepping back.

"Forgiven?" I asked playfully.

"That ain't gonna cut it." Fenix said with a shake of his head. "On the lips."

My eyes flickered to those oh so kissable lips of his, my tongue darting out to wet my lips before I stretched once again, pressing my lips to his in a soft brief kiss and setting back on my feet.

"Better?" I asked.

"You're killing me." Fenix growled grabbing me and hauling up against his body, lowering his lips to mine in a searing kiss that had my toes curling as his tongue invaded my mouth. By the time he broke the kiss I was breathless and wanting, staring up at him in awe as he released me.

"That's how you kiss." He said with a grin. "I'll see you later."

Watching him leave I raised a hand to my still tingling lips before I shook myself from my daze and hurried out the door after him. After a kiss like that there was no way I was letting him go home alone.