Home?

I slammed the door and motioned for Alvaro to hide in the bathroom. He immediately darted to the bathroom and quietly shut the door. I opened the door and Juanma walked right in. 

"Mia I don't have much time to talk because my Mom is waiting outside, but I have feelings for you," he said. I huffed quietly. I just got together with Alvaro and now Juanma wants to go out with me. 

I plopped on my bed and groaned into my pillows. The truth was I did like Juanma when I first applied to Saint Mary but after Alvaro turned sweet I fell for him, quickly. Juanma sat on my bed and rubbed my back.

 "I have some flowers for you," he said putting a vase of flowers on the bedside table.

 "Juanma listens I love you as a friend, not something else," I say.

 "I can maybe help you change that decision," he said. I removed my face from the pillow and Juanma started to lean into me. I shoved him off.

 "Juanma you're being selfish. You can't just come into my room and try to kiss me." I say.

 "Mia I like you. I thought you felt the same way," he said. I fell silent not knowing what to say. I did not like Juanma as a boyfriend only as a friend. We did have a connection when we danced together but, I didn't like him like that.

 "The silence says it all," he said. He stood up and left. 

"Wait.." I yelled but it got drained out by the slam of the door. Alvaro came out of the bathroom and sat down on my bed right next to me.

 "It's getting late and tomorrow we are leaving. I should go," he said. I nodded with a sad smile on my face. He kissed my cheek and left. Oh my gosh. What a night. I knew I wasn't going to go to sleep quickly tonight. 

         In The Morning

                I surprisingly fell asleep very quickly last night. The first thing I thought about was Alvaro when I woke up. I had set an alarm early today because we had a flight to catch. I sat up and Zoe was covering her ears with pillows. Ramiro slept in a different room from us. 

"Zoe we have to get up," I say. She moans into her pillows and sits up.

 "Where's your dad?" she asked.

 "I think he might be getting ready," I say. I get out of bed and brush my hair. Zoe gets up and goes into the bathroom. Then I put some overalls with lots of pins on them. Zoe comes out. 

"Can we at least have breakfast," she said trying to talk over her stomach. I giggle and toss her an orange. She whispers loudly yes and starts to peel it aggressively. I head into the bathroom and brush my teeth. Then when I come out Ramiro is here talking to Zoe who was curling her hair. Then he notices me.

 "Good morning sweetheart," he said. 

"Good morning. Sorry I ran off at the party I was just overwhelmed." I say.

 "Oh don't worry. I figured you were tired or something," he says. 

"Anyways, I figured out that Flor, Mercedes, Augustina, Alvaro, Simon, J, and Nico have the same flight so we will be traveling to the airport in a bus together, As much as I hate it, it saves money," he said. I really wanted to see Alvaro and hug him and everything but, the whole group was going to be around us especially Lupe.

 "Make sure to come down to the lobby and just wait in the living area for Mercedes and me, she wants to talk about our kids," he says rolling his eyes. We both wave bye and he leaves. 

"Come on Zoe. Hurry up." I say collecting my bags. She puts the flat iron down and collects her bags and we leave the room. We head into the elevator and press level L. 

"So, when I was walking back to the room last night I saw Alvaro," she said nudging me. I hated lying to Zoe but when Juanma stopped falling for me I could tell her. 

"There's nothing between Alvaro and me," I say. She smirks. I roll my eyes playfully. Soon the door opens and I can start to slowly hear the chatters of the group. We start to walk over and Juanma, Alvaro, Lupe, and Augustina are all already there. Zoe and I decided to sit on an empty couch. "How did you guys sleep," Juanma said.

"Well," Zoe said. 

I was about to answer before I was caught off by the treacherous noise of her voice."Who cares how you slept," Lupe said.

 "Lupe really?" Alvaro said.

 "Why are you always defending her?" Lupe says. 

"Lu stop, it's not worth it," Augustina said. Then Simon and Nico come over. Nico goes to sit with Juanma and Simon comes over to us. Then we talk for a little while longer while me and Alvaro text each other sneaking glances and smiles. Then Ramiro comes down. 

"Alright, kids Mercedes and Flor are checking us out. Now I will go over the seating list. So there are three seats in each row. The first row is Zoe, Simon, and Nico. The second row is Mia, Alvaro, and Juanma and the third is Augustina and, Lupe. The grown-ups will be spread out." he said reading off of his phone. I did a long glance at Alvaro and he smiled. 

On The Plane

      I got settled in my seat everyone else was in their seat except for Alvaro. He was in first-class talking to his Mom about something. Juanma was already seated and he stared at me from time to time but when I caught him I just look out the window. 

"Mia." he finally said. 

"Yes," I say.

 "Can you please ask Alvaro to switch seats with me," he asked. I knew what he was doing. He wanted me to say yes because that would mean that I didn't care that much about Alvaro but if I say no that meant I didn't care that much about him.

 "Juanma, if Ramiro finds that we switched seats he will flip," I say and that was true. He loved organization. 

"What if Ramiro wasn't here what would you say," he asked. 

"I would say no because it's not right," I say. He smirks. Then Alvaro comes back to sit in the middle. 

----

Soon the plane takes off and we are in the air. I look over and Juanma is asleep. Just like a baby. It sort of was cute. The way there was a teensy bit of drool coming out his mouth. The way his chest went up and down. I coughed and shook my head averting myself from ever thinking that again. Alvaro is watching a show but he has headphones on. I lean onto his shoulder. He looks at me. 

"Mia, I thought you want to keep it a secret," he says. I point to Juanma. He looks over and kisses my forehead then continues to watch the show. 

     At Saint Mary

           Our flight got delayed so we arrived at Saint Mary late. It was the second day after spring break. We all went our separate ways once we arrived at school. 

Back at our dorm, Zoe was taking a shower and I  was texting Alvaro on my bed. Everyone else was asleep in the school. Except for the group. Then Alvaro texted me, 

Can we meet in the storage room? I quickly responded yes.

"Zoe I'm going to go talk to Ramiro," I yell through the bathroom door. I hear a faint ok. Then I leave and make my way down the hallway and the flight of stairs. I start to hear 'ven junto a mi'. I slowly enter the room to see Alvaro sitting on a bucket strumming and singing. I start to smile while I watch. Then I sit next to him and start to sing with him. Once we are done we hug each other.

 "I'm so happy that we are together," he said. 

"Remember don't tell anyone," I say. He holds his hands as he surrenders. I lean in to peck him. But he pulled me in for more. Once we were kissing he felt like stars. It felt like before but better. More magical. Almost like we were on a cloud. Then we heard a voice. We stopped kissing and turned around. It was Lupe.