Juanma Wants To Talk

"What are you doing here?" Ramiro asked them. 

"We wanted to pop by and say hello to Mia's little party," Mercedes said.

 "Will you let us in it's very cold," Mercedes said. 

"No, we need to talk Mercedes. Lupe and Juanma can warm up in the cabana over there." Ramiro said. He and Mercedes left and went on a walk. Lupe glared at us and went to the cabana. Juanma stood there astonished that he wasn't invited. I couldn't take the tension. I walked up and closed the door.

 "Let's change," Martin said. We all went up into our rooms and changed into some Christmas pajamas. We all went back downstairs and watched two more Hallmark channels. Zoe finally lost it. 

 "Oh my goodness. Charles should not have left McKenna. Poor girl!!" she said tears coming down her cheeks. We giggled at her comment.

 "Anyone wants hot cocoa!" I ask.

 "Yes, Of course, Omg!" encored the room. I giggled and made servings of hot cocoa. I gave it to them and grabbed blankets. We snuggled with all the blankets and talked about nonsense during commercial breaks. Then Juanma came in. 

"Hey, Mia. Can we talk outside?" he asked. I looked at Alvaro for confirmation and he did a slight nod of the head. We went out to the side patio. It really was cold outside. It must have felt like heaven to Juanma when he came inside. 

"Why didn't you invite me," he asked. I sipped my cocoa. 

"The flowers were too much and you already knew about Alvaro and me. You also tried to kiss me and glanced at me romantically when you knew that I was with Álvaro." I say.

 "Mia, I realized that I have changed. When you told me that you would be gone for a few days I didn't worry because I thought you were going alone. But then the next day at Go none of you was there other than me and Lupe. That's why we came. I'm sorry that I made you feel uncomfortable. I just really liked you, Mia. But I acknowledged that you have moved on and I'm fine with that." he said. Then August came out. 

"Mia it's almost midnight and all of us are gathered under the tree waiting," she said.

 "I'll be there in a minute," I say. 

"Ok!" she said and closed the door behind her.

 "I'm just sorry," he said. I patted his shoulder.

 "It's ok Juanma. I forgive. But, you aren't coming to this party. I need time to be alone with my friends. I'll be back at Saint Mary tomorrow. But for now, I need to relax." I say. He nods his head. 

"Well can I come in," he said looking inside the warm house. I smile. 

"I thought you'd never ask," I exclaimed with a smile on my face. He shines his bright teeth as I opened the sliding door once again and then closed it behind us. I lock the door. Then I shut the curtains. I sat down next to everyone under the tree, pulling Juanma's hand with me. They all flashed me confused looks. "He's cold guys," I say shrugging. Zoe shrugs and quickly gets up grabbing Juanma a blanket and some cocoa to go along with it. "Thanks," he said warmly accepting the drink. Zoe then scurried back to her seat. Sophie's phone was in the middle of us counting to midnight. Once we got to the countdown we started to shout.

 "5, 4, 3, 2, 1 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!" we all yelled half of us spilling our coco. We exchanged our gifts. It was a great time. I loved this. I definitely wanted to do it again. Afterward, we turned on some music and sang and danced to it.

 "Merry Christmas!" Alvaro said. I gave him a quick kiss and danced again. 

Juanma smiled at me and then said, "Thank you, Mia." I smiled. 

"Anytime." I proclaimed as he went back to dance with Fede. Then Ramiro came inside. He looked very cold from being out there so long. Mercedes trotted back in behind him. "Juanma let's go," she said in her strict voice. We all winced at her tone and whispered apologies to Juanma as he walked to her. They then slammed the door. He pulled the curtains over the door and sat on the couch. Everyone continued to dance while I made a cup of cocoa for Ramiro and got another blanket. I gave him both the relievers. He wrapped himself in the blanket and drank his cocoa. 

"Are you tired?" I say. 

"Yes, very. It was very cold outside and Mercedes wanted to talk about the school and this party, but I'm going to go take a nice warm bath then go to sleep," he said. He kissed Mia's forehead and went into his room and closed the door behind him.

 "Let's head to bed guys," I say. We all go up into our rooms. I go into mine and take a hot shower. I was going to miss my house. I loved my room. I got into my pajamas and plopped into my bed. I pulled the covers on me. I was going to miss this. I slowly fell asleep to the happy thought of secret Santa.