1.Ghost within

Unfortunately for Rekha Singh,this was just like any other fruitless day.Her fingers traced the now faded silhouette of Vicki's face.To any passerby walking by the entrance to the small town,they'd view the tattered piece of paper as some useless poster,maybe a concert that happened some years ago.But she could still see those deep blue eyes,that haunted her in the depths of her slumber,just as soulless as they had looked that night.Remembering how helpless her slender pale outstretched and shaky arm had looked before falling at her side limply.Upto now,she still saw the red fiery hair that had always spotted a pixie cut and her wheezy donkey laugh that ricocheted in the atmosphere whenever crazy Vicki sensed humour within.

Maybe it was her fault Vicki never made it that night.Deep down she knew the possibility of her sweet petite friend being alive was close to zero but she didn't want to lose faith.No.She was just missing and would one day magically show at the doorstep,that infectious smile of hers leading the way and then as habitual as it was to her,she would bump her right fist into empty air and plop next to Rekha.Totally invading her personal space.

She knew she had made the wrong choice when she decided to come back and volunteer in the very town that was the cause of her nightmares,diagnosed insomnia and fear that crept up on her whenever she thought of that day.

Not willing to dive into those heart wrenching memories,she stepped away from the signpost which had the town's name scribbled on top,welcoming her where she didn't feel welcome.Looking at the beaten up sign,she felt as faded as it looked.Her feelings lost light,taste and their beauty.Just like the post.

With the way some of the letters were peeling off related to how some of her past good memories had been wiped away,leaving her with an empty heart.Five years seemed long yet short.What did she think?That five years would be good enough to move on?Forget the fact that night ever happened and that it was all a dream?

Who knows?

Maybe if she walked inside the town,she'd be met by an anticipated looking Vicki,spotting those oversized labelled hoodies she loved.She would then throw a sardonic comment Rekha's way,later on claim that she was joking and probably...

"Rekha Singh?"

At the sound of her voice,she turned to where the deep voice had originated from.Her long Asian black hair followed suit,the ends tickling her face under the slightly windy environment.

"That's me."She brushed the unruly strands away."Grandma sent you to pick me?"

But before he could answer,the birds nest on her head finally flew back and she had a perfect view of the person sent to pick her up.Her nana had promised to send one of the town boys to pick her up once she arrived at the mouth of the town.The proportional residence,that hosted at least fourteen to seventeen thousand people was off the main road,about two kilometers away.The pessimistic lorry driver who had spent the entire journey complaining about almost everything in America,from the current president to the newest hit in billboard chats,made everything even worse.

He had given her a lift from the airport,therefore saving her cash a great deal and even if she'd earlier on planned to convince his Samaritan self to drop her exactly in town,his ideologies immediately made her wish for his tyre to burst and kill both of them on the road.

There was no way the world would mourn a fucked up vet and some twisted minded person who only saw the bad in every situation.

Including Jay Z's newest trend.

"I am just going to take that."The voice spoke up again,and looking up at him,she noticed he had parked her three huge bags and was reaching for her purse."It's a purse."Rekha said with a duh tone staring at his shirtless chest and man,he was some masterpiece,sculpted by God himself and the twenty four elders with Jesus being the first-hand witness.