7.Visit from the witch

Granny fought for her breathe,her wrinkled arms flailing around in despair.An oxygen mask was placed on her gasping face,and Rekha ran behind the practically flying wheeled stretcher.

"I am sorry ma'am but this is your last stop."A nurse stood right in front of a panicked Rekha."Only staff and patients allowed in here."

"Is she going to be fine?"The vet peered through the closing doors,praying that this wasn't the last time she was seeing she who had been a mother and a father to her all her life."Please tell me she is."

"I can't promise you anything doctor."The double glass doors opened and some other nurse called the one standing before Rekha."But the situation is under control,and we just hope for the best.Keep on praying doc."

She gave Rekha a reassuring smile,disappeared towards the doors and pulled them together.Sighing,Rekha stepped back and reached for her cellphone in her trenchcoat.She had been trying to reach Thomas to no avail.

The afternoon heat seeped into the atmosphere and what had threatened earlier on to rain,had drastically changed into a very hot noon and for the vet's case;a turn of events daylight.She had left early in the morning,at around 9.00 am for work after playing Scrabble game with Granny and letting her on the night date between Thomas and her.

The old lady had been beyond excited and to Rekha's surprise,she had even gotten out of her seat and did a little dance."I always knew that Sprinter boy was the one for you!"She had fist bumped the air."Now my heart is at peace."

"Oh Granny!"Rekha had laughed out loud, fighting her blush once again."It's just a date, furthermore you know so well am not looking for marriage right now."

And just like that, she had left for work a boosted and energetic soul.Work had been normal,with little thoughts of the paranoia she had had the previous night.She couldn't believe she was paranoid enough to imagine a deep masculine roar of laughter.

Seriously,she needed help before things got out of hand and her poor self got locked in an asylum.From seeing love hearts on the moon,to doing activities and then forgetting that she did them and blaming Vicki's ghost?

But still?

Those things were too creepy to be just some imaginations.She had been sure she heard someone laugh yesterday night,after she let go off the rodent that had created a big dent on her favourite Westlife t shirt.She wasn't sure if it was the one but either way,the little one was the one found running about the crime scene.

And that person's laughter was the humorous kind.As if he or she,if it was some lady with some huge voice,was peeping at her rant and found them comic.Rekha's neighbourhood was among the few silent,organized and calm residence with very few people spotted outside past 9.00pm just hanging around.

They had a life to live you know,unlike her paranoid self,reprimanding a rat.

Her fear had downed a bit once she arrived at the clinic just in time to discharge Greenes and her kitties.The loving mama that had been quite a good friend to her for that short period of time was now safe enough to go receive home based care from her caring human family.

She had then gone about supervising the treatment of five more pets:a Chihuahua,a German Shepherd,a turtle,an almost dying lizard and already dead but hoping to resurrect beetle couple.All of them spotted wolves marks,well except for that couple that unfortunately the owners had sat on and squashed while trying anal sex for the first time.

Being pretty occupied with consoling the couple who were sobbing not because Clare and Clara were dead--the beetles were lesbians but because their sexual fantasy had failed miserably.Rekha knew they probably forgot using a lubrication and suggested that they use it the next time they had the guts to try.And just not next,on top of or before their pets.