14.Twenty four hours

Rekha didn't like the so called Macy at all.And even as she brushed her teeth,she regretted telling them Vicki's story.

How had she suddenly opened up to strangers.People she hardly knew and had just met within the hour?All except for Ralph and his love for mythical creations but still she wasn't that well acquainted with who he was.

There was one thing that was even disturbing her more.The sudden feelings she had developed for Ralph.

Just one day full of activities and surprisingly she wanted to just kiss those lips of his.Now Rekha Singh,in all her twenty five years of existence,had never wanted to hangout with a guy badly.

Leave alone kiss them.

But the way Ralph's eyes looked in between her eyes and lips.Not in the requesting kind like Thomas but in a dorminant way.As if he already owned her and it was his right to gaze at them like that.As if she was the one who had requested him to kiss her and so he was contemplating on whether or not he should chew those lips.

"Baby."She rinsed her mouth,looked up and through the reflection on the mirror,saw Thomas huddle closer to her."Please come to bed."

Bed?

"Are we sharing the bed tonight?"

She gave his reflection a look of confusion.Not that it was bad but she knew things would lead to things and before she knew it,she would be forced to do something she was not yet ready to do.

"Yes we are baby."She pushed the tap open.Almost immediately,his body cradled her from behind and he rested his head on the side of her face.Looking up,their eyes connected on the mirror."Don't worry baby."He nuzzled his nose deep into her long shiny hair plaited in a messy twin braid."Nothing will happen unless you want it to."

Gazing at his hidden reflection,Rekha wasn't sure anymore.

Just today morning when she was leaving for work,she had almost made up her mind.And even though Thomas hadn't officially asked her to be his girlfriend,she was already contemplating on saying yes.

He was sweet until she spent a day with Ralph.

"Don't you think it's a bit rushy Thomas?"He lifted his head from the crook of her neck and stared deep down her eyes."I already agreed to go out with you,moved in with you and already sharing a bed?"She sighed softly."I don't think it's a good idea."

"Baby?"

He pushed her loose strands away and gave her reflection a small smile.

"If indeed Vicki is after you,I want to be close to you any chance I get.Now that you warned me against dropping at the clinic anyhow."He pecked her neck,suckling on the skin a little bit."Together remember?"

He was right by the way.

If it was Vicki playing around with her mind,then she needed him so bad.There was no way she could fight this spiritual realm war alone.

"I talked to someone who deals with ghosts."He continued,running his fingers at the bare of her back.But the touch felt different from how she had felt in the morning."She reserved us an appointment at 2.00 pm tomorrow.I hope you'll be available."

2.00pm?

Ralph and his siblings had promised to invite her over for lunch in their house at 2.00 pm.They too claimed that they knew of someone but first of all Rob was to explain everything.From how he fought the wolf to where he thought Vicki's body disappeared to.

But one surprising thing that he had said was that the chances of Vicki surviving were close to impossible.

Could be the explanation to the ghostly activities around her.