9.Who did this?

Nursing a headache wasn't as easy as it sounded.And Rekha Singh felt like she could auction her head away at any price.She rubbed her temples,groaning slightly.

"Why have we stopped?"Rekha squinted her eyes through the tinted window and stared outside."Traffic jam?Oh no."She groaned wondering when the painkillers she'd taken back at Thomas's house would kick in.She had spent a night at his place after wasting herself and shamelessly blacking out on his doorstep.

She was grateful for his respect though.He didn't take any advantage of her condition and just helped her out of her shoes,pulled the dress off,covered her with a T shirt and left the bed for her.Thomas had spent his night in his guest bedroom.When she woke up,Rekha at first thought something had happened with the dressing she was currently spotting but he had assured her that nothing had happened.

Plus,she would have felt a sting in between her legs.Too much soreness.For she had never slept with a man ever since she was born.

"It's not just a normal traffic jam."

Thomas said next to her.He opened his door,a curious look in his face.Gazing at him,she dropped her arms from her head and watched his handsome face contort into a confused look.

"What's wrong?"She turned towards her side of the window.Pressing it down,she relished the bright sunlight rays and was surprised to notice they were past the central road,where the jam was always hectic."What's going on?"

Without realizing it,she opened her door and stepped out.Now feeling uncomfortable in the baggy jeans and t shirt Thomas had given her.Her high heels which were totally in contrast with the casual look she was swallowed in clicked softly and together,the two feet hoisted her slender body up.

She pushed the door closed,after stepping away and dropped her eyes to the crowds of people huddled up and trying to look at something.There were murmurs, gasps,panicked talks and was that a scream?

Scurrying forward,her heels clicked on the pavement and she noticed this was the little diversion that led to her neighbourhood and one other less luxurious but comfortable estate on their west side.

She maneuvered through the hyperactive crowd causing a furore and blocking any person from getting in.Leaning beneath an over perfumed armpit,Rekha almost gagged at the deep,choking cologne and finally laid her eyes on what was drawing people's attention.

To say that she had earlier on wanted to vomit at the stench from someone's armpit was an understatement of the century.Right now she was sure she was not only going to empty all the scrambled eggs she'd taken for breakfast,but also pass out until further notice.

A few paces away,secured with a police line that was right before her and holding back the hysterical crowd was a pool of caking dark blood.Her eyes followed the trail to a heap of more than a hundred pets slain and arranged on a long pole,just on someone's driveway.Probably facing their porch directly and she pitied the family under such a scary sight.

Rekha's neighborhood was among the best.A gated community that had rows and rows of beautiful,expensive and vast property.Which meant the person who did this,knew his way inside the residence and was someone who was well acquainted with the estate.

Her eyes landed on the police officers interrogating some panicked middle aged woman.Was that Imelda?As in was that their house help? Without thinking any further,she lifted the yellow line and pressed past it.Only to be stopped by two cops who were trying so hard to pull back the angry crowds.

"Excuse me ma'am."The tall lean cop pushed her back roughly,making her lose her balance and almost topple over her six inch heels just in time with the same cop's arm that pulled her up."You can't be inside here."