13.Werewolves and Vampires

"Watching Bella and Cullen?"Rekha snorted in a not so lady like manner.She settled on Mrs Smith's small table and pulled out her drawer."I know you are a sucker for wolves but vampires?"

Looking up,she tapped the keyboard of the computer on the top and it came to life.Then she dragged the calculator with her out of the drawer to calculate the clinic's day expense.

"If it will make you sleep at night---"Ralph threw a sardonic glance her way."There infact are wolves inside here,Cullen's rival."Typing furiously in the calculator,she already knew who he was talking about.Because hello again?Which teenager,kid,young adult and even the adults hadn't watched that infamous mythical series?

"I know."She noticed the day's expense was too much and checking the remaining funds on the desktop,the shelter was almost going bankrupt."Just didn't peg you as the one who would want Bella to end up with the vampire instead of a werewolf."

Seriously,Mrs Smith had to stop offering free services and start asking for treatment fee for the sponsors of the charity organization that supported her had started pulling away after the small town's news was all over the state.

"Do you hate werewolves that much?"He paused his movie and swung in his sweat in that he was cradling the sofa from behind,his left leg thrown over it's hand."They like you on the contrary."

"Good for them."

She deducted the day's expense from the money and fitted the information on the records in the screen.Rekha didn't believe werewolves existed.And if they did,then they were as good as what she'd read in some article some years back.Just after Vicki's body disappearance.

"There is no such thing as a werewolf band boy."She shut down the gadget after putting in all necessary records and turned to him."Not unless you are talking about those were wolves that roam about the day in their human form,but at night turn into something scary."She clawed her arms before her,sticking her teeth in front to scare Ralph."Raaaaaah!"She growled."Then they walk around preying on animals,corpses and even people."

Falling back in her seat,she dropped the scary facade from her face and turned to the calculator.Like before,she pulled the drawer open,dropped it in and pushed the mahogany piece back.

"What did a wolf do to you Rekha?"Ralph rested his head on top of his now folded arms.Those locks following suit and covering almost half of his face."You resent them a lot."He chuckled."Too much resentment for a pretty doctor."

"Maybe one day I'll tell you what they did to me."

She got out of her seat,padded towards the open window and pulled the window down.She then drew the curtain,fighting the sting that was parading itself in her heart.Just at the mention of the incident she tried so much to forget.

Turning around,she walked closer to him and bend over,in that their faces were dangerously close.Her eyes danced around his,and she admired the way those grey marbles were watching her.Carefully studying her whole existence.

"Or maybe,until you experience what the wolves did to me."

"Did it hurt?"

"What?"

She pulled back, already knowing what he was inquiring about.Of course it did.Watching her friend being tossed around like a chicken nugget on a bowl.

"Why do you care?"She choked on her words and looked away.Not wishing to let him on the different emotions in her face."It's not like we can rectify the past."

"We can't."He whispered and she looked down at his figure.Slowly,Ralph got out of his seat and moved forward.Standing face to face with her."But we can move forward and prepare for the future."He took a step closer and now his nose was so so so dangerously close to hers."The future needs us Rekha."His nose tickled hers and she felt like all these was wrong.